suggestion for status messages

26 messages, 1 pages: 1  ↖ Go back to topic list

Score: +0

1. each-and-everythinh ,

hello , i have one suggestion for status messages: when we reach our limit of 90 characters , the client should alert us by playing a sound so that we know we can't type anymore. I think it's a nice idea , as sometimes , i don't know when i have reached the limit of 90 characters.

2. fani ,

nice! i agree with you!

3. Dayan ,

Yeah, agree. We don't know sometimes when we've written a status message longer than 90 characters, and well, we don't notice sometimes it's not complete.

4. trevor,

and me to aslo
i agree with ya

5. Raki,

It would be nice if the character limit were to be extended.

6. balasana ,

Maybe extend to 140 characters like in Twitter? Lol If so it would be nice to put the status after the available/absent and table type.

7. Dayan ,

Oh yeah. So we don't have to read that long status before seeing in which table is that person in. And I agree on that too.

8. each-and-everythinh ,

nice idea

9. Aminiel,

While beeping when you are about to reach the limit when typing your message is a good idea, it requires a modification of the client. I consider it as quite minor for this reason.

For extending the limit itself, that's a long debate. The fact is that it's never long enough (there will always be someone to say that it's still too short). WE should discuss it with the whole team, and again, it's probably quite a minor thing.

Last edited by Aminiel, Apr 5 2016 13:46:20

10. each-and-everythinh ,

hi aminiel , yes i know that will require an update of the client , so i hope that you will consider it for the next client update , whenever it happens. As for the limit , yep that's true thatyou cna never get perfect limit , it was 60 before and now it's 90 , but i think 140 should be more than enough , twitter users are living with it for a while now.

11. Raki,

yup, 140 or even 120 should do.

12. Exink,

Hi,

For changing this behavior about the beeping sound, obviously it requires an update, but why not making a small one for this? It wouldn't be too difficult to my liking.

13. majoz,

Hey Aminiel, i would appreciate if you could atleast move that status message behind the table information, as someone has already said, it's quite timeconsuming or sometimes even stressfull to read all those statuses just to see where people are. Tahnks a lot in advance.

14. YNWA,

so what would you prefer a long status message or being able to know what game someone is playing if those were the choices that were available!

15. Adventure-Time,

As quite a few people here said before. The position of our status messages could be just moved from where it'S now to the very end, below the table presence that is. For instance:
Adventure-Time, absent, Scientific war, 1 +1 =11.
The size of it would not matter then. I think it's a nice idea.

16. Sajad-Aliraqi,

I don't know what is the point of limited to 90. What would happenes if it is 100 instead of 90. I think would be more better. But not 140 LOL.
Grate suggestion!
I agree!

17. each-and-everythinh ,

i don't know would 10 characters make a big difference

18. Dayan ,

Heh true.

19. Sajad-Aliraqi,

It makes. 140 is annoying. You have to wait till the message ends. Then it'd tell you where is the player now.
Let's take an example
CocoaTray, busy ,............................................................................................................................................, Scopa.
These dots replace them by letters.
Eventually, it's annoying. Don't know how to explain much!

20. each-and-everythinh ,

i think we said at least 3 times that this should be moved and that it should first say the game you are playing and then the status.

21. majoz,

I prefer to move that message, of course if Aminiel will have mood to code botch those things, I m not against. :D

22. sound2,

Lol, it seems to me people are somewhat divided on this one. For me personally the way the status message is now has never bothered me. I'm fine with it, as it is.

23. Sajad-Aliraqi,

Good idea.
Status of connection, then game, then message.
CocoaTray, busy, Scopa, random test.
Good.

24. spaceship,

i agree with the sudgestions made about shifting the status.
I have another sudgestion.
I believe that the comma at the end of all status should be doffed out though it is not much of an anoyance.

25. Lemonade,

I don't necessarily feel that status messages need to be longer, but I do agree about moving it to after the game they are currently on.
That is all!

26. AcaaFaaca ,

Extending the limit is not interesting me. But moving in to the unother place is really good.

26 messages, 1 pages: 1  ↖ Go back to topic list

Answer to topic

You must be connected in order to be allowed to post