suggestion regarding statistic

24 messages, 1 pages: 1  ↖ Go back to topic list

Score: +0

1. Shewolf ,

hello everyone, I would like suggest or ask, whether could be in statistic also last connection date. It was sometimes ago, but it is not appearing now.
Thanks
Klara

2. aminelog25,

hmm. I want others to reply to the topic, so I am posting this to make It in the first of topics list :). and I see last connection time is a good idea. regards

3. Sajad-Aliraqi,

Oh yeah, it's somehow jumped here. It was away - long space.
Last connection is not a bad idea at all. It adds a new thing to statistics menu, which makes the playroom website more statistically.
I actually didn't see last connection's feature before, I hope they add it again because the statistics page has been deleted once then returned again. They may forgot something to create or something like that.
Wow! We've suggested many suggestions but no reply from an admin.
Aminiel must have an eye on this issue to help us, we could suggest but we couldn't add futures.
I hope he will see this topic and opine his opinion.

4. each-and-everythinh ,

the thing is , one user wanted this feature removed cause of privacy etc... but in that case , we should be able to see at least for our friends this last connection date , you have to log in anyway to see someone's statistics so i think it would be nice.

5. YNWA,

I asked for the last connection time for all users to be removed as some people were using it so they could find out when a person was last here then using it for abusive purposes. Also some people were checking dates of any new user so they could find out when some people changed their usernames. that was when we had virtually no helpers in the English section! However, that has changed now.

You also said that you would like it for your friends to view but here we have no control on who is able to view our own personal information as we would on Facebook. If we had those options in our settings then why not bring it back!

6. each-and-everythinh ,

but , i don't understand how can you use last connection date for abusive purposes

7. YNWA,

When I play French Tarrot and find a person who I don't know I will ask if he/she knows the game. Sometimes they will say yes and will leave 5 minutes later having ruined the game as they don't know what they are doing. I can use the statistics to see if they really know the game or are telling a fib. If the statistics show they have never played Spades let alone Tarrot I would not replace them with a bot. That is one example where statistics are useful.

You can use the part of the statistics to monitor players. You can find out if they recently used the playroom and you could find out what games they played that day. If that person tells them later on they have not used the PR for the day you could accuse them of Lieing. If you want to abuse a specific person you would not have to go into the pr to find out if a person is using the pr. You could create an account abuse that person then later delete that account. Remember 12 months ago we had no helpers so this happened many times.

I agree it is less of an issue now for people so Aminiel could bring it back.

I think people would like to have the option as I said where they could choose a setting like we can with invites so we can choose who is able to see our statistics.

As I said there were very good reasons to remove it and I do agree it is now a good time to think about it again!

8. Vojvoda ,

anyways this should be added again

9. Cristina ,

Hello!
Yes, but when it shows the last connection of a player it doesn't mean that you could figure out if he or her can play that game or no.
It doesn't have any sense if you look at it from this point of view.
Moreover how could it have been abusive when we were able to know the last connection of someone? it's absolutely ridiculous to compare the statistic from here with facebook.
I know many of us liked this feature and we were quite unpleased when it was removed, just because someone has asked it.
Anyway itt would be nice if Aminiel would put it back for the reasons mentioned above.
Regards, Cristina

10. Sajad-Aliraqi,

OK, there should be an option in privacy settings to disable it or enable.
For example: Hide my last connection time.

11. YNWA,

In terms of the statistic settings it is simple as we have it with who can send me invites, who can join my table and it could be Who can view my statistics. You would then select My friends only, everybody accept blocked people and so on.

In terms of abusing the statistics to gather information for their own purposes you are fully aware of whom I am talking about Cristina so I can say no more unless you really want me to reveal their names on here.

We all have a right to privacy and we all have a right for it to be respected so asking to have control on who can see our settings is not a bad thing. As I said before circumstances have changed now because we have Helpers. Even though they can't solve everything, with the blocking facilities plus helpers things should be a lot better now!

12. Sajad-Aliraqi,

Enough acting like an admin really. I don't like this way. For me I see last connection is not bad idea, but useless for me. Anyways, if Aminiel adds an option to disable or enable it would be more nicest.

13. Cristina ,

Yes, I agree with what you've said ynwa and it should have been better if you suggest this to Aminiel and not to ask to be removed that feature.
I keep my opinion even if you would reveal whatever you want and like, just cause it doesn't makes any sense what you've asked from Aminiel. And this, just because you've thought that those people who've hunted some persons from here, who trapped them badly with their lies, can be stopped if this feature will not be there.
When someone wants to defend a liar, then it is recommended to use a way which will not affect other people. And I think that it is not just my personal opinion.
Why should be affected so many people just because someone was not able to deal with the troubles what his or her lies had produced?

14. YNWA,

Last year when I made the original suggestion people were given the opportunity to raise any objections. It was the right thing to do and it was a pitty I did not go further by suggesting removing the dates of the creation of new accounts as it would have stopped you causing us trouble!

15. Sajad-Aliraqi,

It's another thing. Do not confuse me

16. YNWA,

not really as it is about the statistics and how they can be abused by other people using them to their advantage and that is why they were removed in the first place.

17. each-and-everythinh ,

so , should we not have statistics at all just because of some abusers? Just block them and i don't see where you would have a problem with someone seeing the last connection date.

18. Sajad-Aliraqi,

Just to make it short, what you have done was useless. Last connection time is not bad at all as I said before

19. YNWA,

Not at all, it had the desired effect. My campaining too enabled us to get helpers much more quickly on this forum worked and I think people will say the PR is now improved.

I do agree that we can have the last connection time back. I also think people should have the option so they can choose can view their statistics.

20. each-and-everythinh ,

ok , i guess personal preference , but tell me , why would someone not want persons to view their statistics? I can accept the last connection date even though that isn't logical also , but why whole statistics? There's nothing you would want to hide there.

21. Sajad-Aliraqi,

The playroom in my opinion has enough helpers and admins, translaters perfect organized staff.
It doesn't require a new helpers I think.
And yeah, I encourage / support adding an option to hide or not to hide it

22. Exink,

I also agree about adding this option to be back, even I thought it was useless to take it out from the begining. If this is on WhatsApp, why it hasn't been removed? Even you can adjust if you want the users to see your last connection time or not, it should be like that. Or even better, if you don't whant a user to gater your stats, it should be automatically disabled in case of you block him. And I never used this to be avusibe or something; it is somewhat dangerous for gealousy people but well... perhaps that's another different story. :D.

Best regards.

23. Daredevil,

Part from Admins and helpers on the Playroom, YNWA's recent posts are absolutely smart and valid. He/she should be part of the team too in my opinion.

24. Sajad-Aliraqi,

If someone commented a nice comment or something, it doesn't mean he must be promoded as one of the staff. And I actually don't agree. The staff is full and enough helpers, translaters and admins. Nothing will be changed if he is a helper or something. But just pointless. We have entire staff.

24 messages, 1 pages: 1  ↖ Go back to topic list

Answer to topic

You must be connected in order to be allowed to post