HUMAN ERRORS

3 messages, 1 pages: 1  ↖ Go back to topic list

Score: +0

1. YNWA,

If we make an error when creating a game we can start again. One example of this is we want to type in 12 for 12 pennies and end up with 129 pennies. Some errors can be easily corrected because if you press enter on a 10 you are given the option to go up or down so can press escape and play another card. Other errors you just have to live with. I accidently pressed enter twice in quick succession by accident in one game and scored 0 when it was clear I would normally have scored more points in Yahtzee. Another example is when a person accidently typed in 89 in a game of Cribbage and we decided to restart as it was clear they would never have typed in that score.

I think there should be an option to cancel a move if you realise straight away your error before it passes to another player. I know there are games where you want people to type in there scores quickly so you don't want people to use the cancel key or even escape on purpose to give them time to give the correct answer. I think like 99 you should have a very limited time say 2 or 3 seconds where you can change your mind before moving the game on. If people noticed later than that time then that is just bad luck. Say Cribbage was set to 30 seconds then people still will have to have typed in the right answer or face the penalties of the particular game they are playing.

There is one game where you are able to carry out my suggestion and that is the Little Exam because if you wanted to choose Gooseberries instead of grapes but was unable to think of that particular answer of a fruit beginning with G you can change your mind and type it in again providing you are in time.

Last edited by YNWA, May 23 2016 16:53:42

2. MRMagenta,

Ynwa, I understand you. When in 99 you press 10 or a ace, you may just press esc. to cancel this operation. But all other things including games in your own example, may have this option. But, In cribbage, You may just check the points. again or in Yahtzee, You may think about conbination before you actualy choose the combinations. But, Changing your turn is really neadless because you may think before actually playing that card or choosin the conbination. So, I agree, But this will just make the serv to load longer and the game will be longer. So, this option is neadless

3. YNWA,

You are talking of a 2 second response so hardly, if you have a 30 second limit for example then you would be using up your own time. If you entered 7 insted of 8 then that would be your issue. If you accidently select say spades when you intended to pass then the option of a cancelation would not detract from the game at all. If i press escape as I said for some games then you are unable to take back your action. If you have 2 or 3 very good players and the game is spoilt due to an error then the victory becomes hollow!

3 messages, 1 pages: 1  ↖ Go back to topic list

Answer to topic

You must be connected in order to be allowed to post