can't connect to playroom

5 messages, 1 pages: 1  ↖ Go back to topic list

Score: +0

1. ari,

Hi
I've got a problem, even though I tried the playroom on a Windows 7 and a Windows XP computer and have tried creating two accounts. I validated my account and installed the client, but when I try log in, the client won't go past the login screen. I am using the correct username and password and click connect, but it just shows the login screen over and over, it doesn't want to connect. It is also not firewall, I disabled it but still no help.
Thanks

2. Aminiel,

Try to reset your password even if you retype the same one. It may help.

3. ari,

no, it still doesn't do anything. It doesn't even sound as if it is even wanting to connect, because the log in screen comes back almost as soon as I try go to the connect. Really can't see what is the problem. Does noone else at all have this?

4. hpaulos,

I'm experiencing something different but still can't connect to the playroom. I log in with username and password and it tells me the server is unreachable. The firewall is turned off but I'm using a router. Do aI have to do anything to the router? When it was running on comm port 8888 it worked fine.

5. Aminiel,

@ari: do you get the "wront credencial" dialog box or do you simply return to the username field without any dialog ?
IN the second case, ensure that your password has at least 6 characters.

@paulos: normally in most cases you shouldn't do anything on your router, but in certain cases you may have to do something. Your anti-virus, firewalls and routers must allow traffic going out to port 1321. About anti-virus, normally there isn't any problem but I know that a couple of people got troubles with avast. In case of doubt, add the playroom client in the whitelist.

5 messages, 1 pages: 1  ↖ Go back to topic list

Answer to topic

You must be connected in order to be allowed to post