Magic blocks

8 messages, 1 pages: 1  ↖ Go back to topic list

Score: +0

1. BogdanMuresan ,

Hi all. Yesterday it was a game on quentinc called magic blocks, but now Aminiel deleted it from server. My question is: What is the status of this game? There it will be back on the list?

2. Aminiel,

Hello,

I don't know exactly. I have the impression that it is too demanding for my server. I have to make more complex tests.

It may reappear for a couple of hours sometimes to make other live production tests, but I don't know if I will be able to activate it definitely.

That game is a sort of challenge for me. That's really a try to make something new and innovative, as it is now. Perhaps it will work one day, perhaps it will never. Perhaps I will have to give up completely.

I can't promise anything about that game, don't hope things that I'm not sure to hold.

3. Burak,

I was really liked it. It was very funny and enjoyable. Especially when I figure out how can I make explosions, that was very funny for me. Also offline version is not working. It opens and closes again. What happened to it?
Thank you.

4. Aminiel,

The offline magic blocks works with java and is quite difficult to install sometimes. If you are lucky, you can still play it, but if you are not, I will probably be unable to help you finding a good solution.

Magic blocks will never reappear in the gameroom again, today it's completely sure. Instead you will have to wait for magic blocks 2.0 which will be a new offline version in C++. Don't expect any release date yet. I started developping another offline game in the meantime, I will finish that one first.

Last edited by Aminiel, Aug 22 2011 11:23:56

5. darklord ,

Hello. Well, for some reason i finally got java to install and magic blocks to run. I have a few questions though.

1. How exactly do i play this game? I can move around the grid and speed up the blocks but i'm not sure how to move the blocks themselves. So, how do i play?
  2. Can you play magic blocks online with another person? Does the multiplayer feature hook up to a main server like the playroom or do you have to enter ip addresses like other multi-player audiogames?
  3. When i looked in the multi-player menu, I saw something that said nickname player. When i hit enter on it, it said to hit f2 to start the game. Can you change and make your own nickname? Do i have to use my playroom account to play online? Thanks

6. Aminiel,

1. Blocks are dropped in the column where you are when you press the spacebar, or, if you are too slow, in the column where you are currently.
  2. You can play online, but like many other audiogames, you will have to configure your router to open a port and tell your IP to your friends. There used to be a server list, but it makes the program crash now.
  3. Not at all. Just type your nickname in place directly. It is used for the highscore but I'm not sure if it still works.

7. fredrik013,

How shall I do to play games from play room offline? If I understand right it is possible.

8. Aminiel,

You didn't understand right. You can't play to the gameroom offline. We were talking about the old offline version of the magic blocks game.

8 messages, 1 pages: 1  ↖ Go back to topic list

Answer to topic

You must be connected in order to be allowed to post