Translating playroom

39 messages, 2 pages: 12  ↖ Go back to topic list

Score: -1

31. Aminiel,

The suggestion of Kain will in theory be possible with the new interface. It still in developement at this time.

I'm afraid but I think that turkish wont be possible, as UTF-8/unicode isn't supported, unless turkish doesn't require it.

When the interface will be ready, I will first concentrate on languages that uses latin alphabet only. This isn't a discrimination, racism or something like that. Simply, I'm 100% sure that german, portuguese or dutch will technically work. I'm less sure for polish, tchech, hungarian, danish, norwegian, sweedish and finish, and have absolutely no idea for languages that don't use latin alphabet or not completely, such as russian, turkish or greek.

I don't want to tell somobody to work on translating something if I'm not completely sure that it will work. Nevertheless, I'm aware of the importance for a game to be in the native language of the players.

By the way, I will open a poll as soon as the translation interface is ready, to let you vote for your language, so that we start with the one that is going to have the greatest success.

Score: +0

32. greenstone,

Actually we can translate it without unicode characters. Turkish has a few Unicode characters but it can be used without them either. Later we can edit the translation when UTF8 support is available. Turkish has some characters like Ğ, Ç, Ö, Ş and Ü etc. But these can be substituted with other characters like c, g, o, s or u. All turkish users can understand if we can do like this. So, my suggestion is, to release turkish translation without unicode support and translations can be changed when you add unicode support. Because people can not play all games without language support. Turkish players mostly play dominos and 1000 miles. Other games are hardly played by turkish users. As far as i remember, German also has characters like ö and ü, Spanish and İtalian have characters such as ç. İ think some characters like i, ğ, ş may not be displayed at the moment but this is not so important. Other characters same with by spanish and German can be displayed correctly i guess. By the way, is it so difficult to add UTF8 support? I see that UTF8 isn't available in this page either, because my characters are displayed as numbers.

Last edited by greenstone, Sep 21 2012 17:36:45

33. Aminiel,

Yes, german and italian have accented characters, but they are the same as those found in french. The character set ISO-8859-1 thus allow french, german, italian, spanish, and other languages that are part of western europe. Other languages use other ISO-8859-X character sets that are partially uncompatible. this uncompatibility is solved by UTF-8, but that later need special processings that aren't supported in the playroom yet.

34. greenstone,

So, what about translating the playroom without accented characters? We can do it for now without any problem.

35. aravis,

hello, Aminiel and all,

i don't blame you, Aminiel for not knowing all types of alphabets or rather their peculiarities. i'm still waiting for your announcement for translations started or something of that kind. if translation into russian is perfectly possible, then i'll gladly take it. and i'm not afraid of translating updated games. i understand perfectly well that it's not a one time job.

thanks for you attention

Anastasia

36. miauf,

Hi Aminiel,
My name is Diogo and I want to translate Playroom to portuguese.
How do I do this?
Thanks for your help,

Diogo

37. hamidrehzaey,

hello how can I translate playroom to Persian (farsi)? can you tell me?

38. Aminiel,

This messages is for all those who would like to translate the playroom in whatever language.

Moving to UTF-8 is only a single step for internationalization, it was an huge one, but it's not the only one unfortunately. And, in fact, the transition isn't completely finished.

We aren't still not yet ready to propose you usable, user-friendly and efficient tools and interfaces to let you work comfortably. We really want, even before you start, that you have tools that makes your life as a translator easy and as most as possible technically independant from the team. We are working hard to produce these tools for you, and will tell you when it's ready.

In the meantime, be patient, don't forget, and don't put your motivation away. We are always very amazed about the number of translation propositions we receive for so many languages; thank you very much for being so enthousiastic !

39. emre,

Hello. Any progress on language localizations?

39 messages, 2 pages: 12  ↖ Go back to topic list

Answer to topic

You must be connected in order to be allowed to post