Farcle rules are different than main stream games

13 messages, 1 pages: 1  ↖ Go back to topic list

Score: +0

1. JMouse,

Hello there, so I would just like to point this out to everyone, while I play Farcle a lot on dice world and RS, their rules are correct. A 1 = 100 points, A 5 = 50 points and so on and so forth. Is there a reason why these rules are so different here? A 1 = 10 and a 5 = 5 points. Yeah, that don't make sence to me at all. If there is a reason behind this, I would love to know. Thanks.

2. Lemonade,

Just add a 0 after each point value and score announcement. Sure Aminiel could change it, but is it really that big a deal?

3. Nikola,

I don't actually mind this in particular, but I do wonder why do we invent non existing combinations such as double triplet and full house? They don't seem to be present in other games.

4. YNWA,

There are very few games that follow the official/standard rules here. Uno perhaps is the best example but try telling people they can't use interceptions anymore and I am sure you would have many complaints. The Monopoly 12 nations board works well too. Personally I would prefer that Aminiel adds the extra rules to Belote but that may make the game less popular as some may not understand the other part of the game. I have no issue if things are slightly different and sometimes the changes can be for the better, if they are not you can always voice your opinion on the foram.

5. Vojvoda ,

It doesn't bother me that you get low numbers than high numbers instead,
two things that bother are firstly what nikola mentioned, and secondly that ones have not so high walue, in real farkle three ones would be 1000 points, and here they are 750 or 75, as you like it,

6. Aminiel,

Hello,

For most of the games, I have added extra options to make the game more interesting, but you can always choose not to enable them if you want to stay close to the standard/official rules.

There are two things to consider, tough:

For the particular case of farkle, since I'm not coming from an anglo-saxon tradition, I don't really know if there's an actual standard or if there exist indeed farkle boxes. And even if there are farkle boxes, I don't have one, it doesn't exist where I live. So I must understand from what I find on the Internet, and sources are often contradicting or at least don't always well overlap with eachother.

When I were programming farkle, it seemed that the rules where quite liberal and that there weren't something really standard. Point me to an official farkle federation of something of that kind if it exists.

My only true delibrate choice, and I confirm that it was against all sources, were to squeeze a zero. My opinion is that it doesn't bring anything to the game anyway. I can't explain this with my English but compare 100$ with 10000 cents; that's the same but counting in cents make you falsely think it's more expensive; it's just useless. I don't know if you can understand what I mean.

7. tiny,

hi, one of my friends gave me an idea, i don't know if it's his or in rs games we have this option for farkle, because i don't like rs. anyway he called it the hot dice option, for it we need to set the banking and the enterence score on the leastest adjustment, then we roll the dice and bank whatever score we got on that roll immediately without rolling again. i think it can be fun too, d

8. Aminiel,

@Tiny: IF I have well understood, your option doesn't look very interesting to me. It would turn farkle into a pure chance game.

And by definition, a pure chance game is completely uninteresting on the playroom, since it would just require you to press enter.

9. tiny,

yeah it's just like that and not very interesting, but mainly i play this game just as of an entertainment sometimes. so, i just want to play a luck game and test a complete luck, so that's just another extra option on farkle, the main thing for farkle would be kept. but anyway.

10. DarthSidious ,

DiceWorld has that kind of game and it's called Pig...

11. Aminiel,

Pig is just an over-simplified version of farkle where you have only a single die; but otherwise the base principle is the same, you must decide if you continue or if you stop.

12. helleon,

The fact that the varient of Farkle on here is different doesn't bother me. It doesn't make sense to me why exactly it's different to everywhere else, but whatever. I believe the dice world scoring system for Farkle is the correct system. I believe it goes like this:
1: 100 points
5: 50
3 2's: 200 (doubles for every 2 added: 4 2's 400, 5 2's 800 etc)
3's, 4's, 5's and 6's are the same (3 3's being worth 300)
Three pairs are worth 750 and a straight is worth 1500. In the case of 1's, 3 1's are worth 1000, 4 1's are worth 2000, 5 1's are worth 4000 and 6 1's are worth 8000.
I don't think the change is necessary, but here's what I believe is the correct and most commonly used system if you want it.

13. YNWA,

Computer versions can be different and that is no problem, mostly for the better and where we think not we can say so and that is good. Aminiel does change some rules as he tries to make games better and Uno is the best example of that. As I have said to people many times they don't have to have the interception rule if they don't want to.

With aminiel taking away the 0s I understand his point it is a good one. £20 was 200 francs in the early 90s and you felt much richer with all those frank notes, it felt strange.

There are some varieations that could be added to make the game more interesting.

https://www.dicegamedepot.com/farkle-rules/

13 messages, 1 pages: 1  ↖ Go back to topic list

Answer to topic

You must be connected in order to be allowed to post