Is there a way to rearrange history views?

4 messages, 1 pages: 1  ↖ Go back to topic list

Score: +0

1. Nikola,

Hi. Perhaps not many people customise history views, but I wonder is there a way to move them around other than deleting and re creating? Imagine I have my own history views called private messages, friends and discussions. I forget that I want game messages as well, so if I create it, it will be the last view, while I want it to be the second one so I can switch to it with alt 2. Can this be done without re creating all the other views in the correct order? If not, for a future update it could be useful to be able to do this with shift and arrows.

2. Aminiel,

Hello,

NO, it isn't possible to swap two views. That's a good suggestion for version 3, thank you.

3. Nikola,

What about doing it in a more advanced way, through the views0.ini file or will that break things? I see that the first lines tell which channels a given view number should use starting from 0, and last lines are for view names. So in my example, let's say view 3 is discussion, and 2 is games, and I want it in the opposite order. I would change channels1=131
to channels1=829
and the opposite as well. Afterwards, I would just change their names, which I can probably do from the client's interface as well. I'm just wondering if these channel numbers are in the same order as they are in reading and appearance options of the client.

4. Aminiel,

What about doing it in a more advanced way, through the views0.ini file or will that break things?

You can do it by Editing the .ini files directly, yes; but at your own risks. Do a backup first. The views and channel orders are preserved.

4 messages, 1 pages: 1  ↖ Go back to topic list

Answer to topic

You must be connected in order to be allowed to post