Unknown or offline players

6 messages, 1 pages: 1  ↖ Go back to topic list

Score: +0

1. alfredo ,

Hello,
Today, I would like to address two suggestions.
First of all, I want to talk about the difference between unknown or offline players. Shoudl there not be some way of knowing if the person's name is either unknown, or if the person's name is typed correctly, then they are offline?
Another suggestion. Sometimes, we may be typing a huge message and we are not in a hurry to read the message back. And say we misspelled a person's username. Therefore, if the misspelled username was already used, your huge message that you just sent to the server, was not sent because the name is uknown. So, you have to rewrite your entire message all over again. Shoudl there not be something where it will save such messages, so you can just press a command, and send it with the right spelling of the person's username?
Any comments are greatly appreciated.
Alfredo

2. Aminiel,

For your second question, you can use up/down arrow in the chat field.

For your first question, it's impossible. Checking if an user exists need an additionnal request on the database, and it's allmost useless

3. alfredo ,

Yes, though is one problem with the second issue. You see, the game tends to use the person's name only once. If you misspell the user's name and it ends up being something you already used, it will not replace it, thus the message would be lost. Do you wish me to clarify?

4. ns-studios,

completely agree

5. alfredo ,

With whom?

6. akilor,

Hello

The best thing you can do if in this case again, is the folowing:
Go to the table history and copy the text you send to someone into your clipboard. Then, press ctrl+w to check who is connected. If the correct name shows up there, press enter or ctrl+m wich will cause the correct name to be put in the chat feeld. Then, just paste your message, and press enter.

Hope this helps
<c v>

6 messages, 1 pages: 1  ↖ Go back to topic list

Answer to topic

You must be connected in order to be allowed to post