Keystroke Help

4 messages, 1 pages: 1  ↖ Go back to topic list

Score: +0

1. JLove,

Ok, if there are going to be no explanations of rules for reversi or chess, please at least add the keystroke help. How am I supposed to know which keys do what? I do know that reversi is equivalent to what in America we call Othello. I also love to play chess, so it would be immensely helpful if someone could provide keystrokes for these please.

2. Aminiel,

The quick keystroke help is always present. Press F1 to have it.

3. JLove,

Aminiel, the quick keystroke help does not list keystrokes specific to chess. However, I have since figured it out. Use enter to selct a piece. Move to the desired square, then press enter again to move there. Alternatively: When on board view, where you hear "E1: White king," press space bar. An edit field will come up. Type algebraic notation, such as: e4, Nf3, Bc4, etc., and press enter. Your piece is automatically moved there. However, this needs to be listed in the quick help section. I have posted a separate topic, wherein I have made an offer to Quentin. I have said that I would be glad to write the English documentation for both chess and reversi for him if need be. I will do this free of charge. I have given my contact info, but I will do it here as well:
Jody McKinniss
Email: jlove42010@gmail.com
MSN: jwmckinniss@triad.rr.com
Feel free to contact me at any of the above whenever it is convenient.

4. Aminiel,

Some time has actually passed since I last updated chess, and yes, some shortcuts aren't in the list. That's essentially a forgot. Sorry.

I understood by your first post that you had no indication at all.

4 messages, 1 pages: 1  ↖ Go back to topic list

Answer to topic

You must be connected in order to be allowed to post