Waiting players invitation

16 messages, 1 pages: 1  ↖ Go back to topic list

Score: +0

1. phoenix009,

Hi.

I was thinking, that it would be good if the PR has some way of sending a message over to all the pplayers in the main room that we have opened a game.
However, instead of the built-in method of doing so, via system messages and those being compulsary, it should, like RS Games, be possible for the TM to send out an invitation or rather a notice, to all the waiting players.

2. Mastani ,

hello, and yeah, that would be good. we have to wait for players for a very long time.

3. phoenix009,

Yes, that's why I proposed this idea.

4. Mastani ,

yeah, but what can be done?

5. phoenix009,

Well, because I don't know the language that the PR is programmed in, so I really can't suggest anything.

6. Mastani ,

ok fine. lets see

7. Aminiel,

Hello,

This feature was present in the early days of the playroom, but has been suppressed since then.

The problem is essentially abuses. Sadly we can't count on honnesty to use it only to invite players and not something else (ads, spam, or worse).

Most notably, it had been used to send crash words. Thus it was very easy to crash several people at once.

The problem with crash words is that we don't have very good counter-measures. When it is sent, it's already too late, and there exists many crash words variations, so it's nearly impossible do block them all automatically.

IN consequence, please forget about features allowing to send a single message to many people at once like that. It's far too dangerous.
Sorry, but you have to invite your friends one by one.

Last edited by Aminiel, Aug 2 2020 03:17:48

8. phoenix009,

Ok. Thanks for clarifying, though

9. Fawaz,

May be like a preset Message and you can't edit it just announce it for each game.
control shift j or something.
I really don't care for such a feature but sounds useful for some others.

10. Nikola,

Correct. This should only be a preset message by the platform. For example, the way RS games does this is by allowing you to press Alt n when a table is created. After doing that, all players who are available and not in a game receive something like:
X has created a game of Y and wants people to join. If you want to disable these notifications, press Ctrl plus N.

11. phoenix009,

Yeah. That would help. As mentioned before, it's very hard to wait for players at times.

12. StormProductions,

I have to invite people one by one? At least I'd disable the 4 invites limit as it's pretty weird.

13. phoenix009,

Yeah, we should be able to, at least, invite multiple people at once

14. facelessghost,

Hello!
I think that the preinstalled message mentioned here will solve the problems with the malfunctioning of screen readers.
This will not allow any text to be sent through these functions.
it only informs about the desire of the player to join him!

15. blindium,

Agreed.
This might sound too complicated, but we might do something as follows:

16. alee,

I agree that if this feature is added, it is very good and we do not have to wait long

16 messages, 1 pages: 1  ↖ Go back to topic list

Answer to topic

You must be connected in order to be allowed to post