football!

7 messages, 1 pages: 1  ↖ Go back to topic list

Score: +0

1. oportuguesdeportugal ,

hello,
I suggest you create a game of football!
A game where we can be the coaches and management but also for it to play the game with descriptions of the kind, he stole the ball and shortcuts to kick ETC. and penalties also! but with all the excitement of football with original sounds and everything!

2. Aminiel,

Two reasons why there will never be a football game on the playroom :

1. The playroom isn't intended for that sort of game
  2. I don't like football personnally, so I'm very unlikely to make a game on a subject I don't like, except if I'm well paid for it.

Last edited by Aminiel, Jun 2 2012 09:08:14

3. oportuguesdeportugal ,

you just look at what you like?
I thought the goal was to promote the playroom that all games like it.
and as there was never a football game for the blind, the playroom did only attracted people. but if you do not, okay! still looking for you so that people will lose! note. constructively criticizing not only offending

4. staindaddict,

I would imagine it'd be extremely hard to program a game you do not like/ are not interested in, so I can see where he's coming from.

5. Aminiel,

I would imagine it'd be extremely hard to program a game you do not like/ are not interested in, so I can see where he's coming from.

Exactly. Plus I know only very few about football mechanics because I don't follow it on TV: when are there corners, what is counted on and off time, how players are organized on the terrain, etc. You must understand all details to program something, and of course because i'm not interested, I don't specially want to learn about these details.

And for the first point, it isn't negligeable. The playroom is made to support card, board and dice games. The interface needed for a strategy, management, RPG or action game would be very different. Of course in all cases you will have menus and keystrokes to work with, but the network layer for example isn't made for speed, thus action games would be quite unfair. As well as 3D audio isn't part of the game, so it's impossible to represent a complex environment like a sport terrain or a RPG world. Think also on that ! If I wanted to do a football game, I would make it completely separate, because I wouldn't have another choice.

6. mike_tan ,

hi! why you don't do more action game? Because I see more card games than the action games. Only one! please do such as sight clorer game.

7. Aminiel,

Please read: the playroom isn't suited for action games

7 messages, 1 pages: 1  ↖ Go back to topic list

Answer to topic

You must be connected in order to be allowed to post