new game suggestion: numbers game

5 messages, 1 pages: 1  ↖ Go back to topic list

Score: +0

1. Rory101,

This is a fun game that i played a few times that I think would be quite fun on quentin c
It works like this:

You have 2 big numbers which can be something like 50, 25, 75, 100, but only a multiplie of 5 or 10.
You have 4 small numbers which are random between 1 and 9
Then everyone has 30 seconds to try to use the numbers to come up with a maths expression which would equal the target number.
The person who makes the cloest expression wins the round and earns a point, or the person who gets it exactly wins 2 points.
If there are multiplie winners, they all earn either 1 or 2 points depending on if they got close or exact.
Then you could also customize the game by deciding the thinking time limit and the score to win.
Thanks for reading, I hope you can find the time to implement it! :)

2. YNWA,

This is a version of Countdown without the words! I think you need a bit more than that.

3. Aminiel,

Hello,

This game seem to be taken from a well known TV show in France called Des chiffres et des lettres.

In the french version, they alternate between playing with numbers, trying to find the exact count ("le compte est bon"), and the longest word made from the letters given ("le mot le plus long"). They have between 30 and 60 seconds to find the best solution after numbers or letters are drawn at random.

For the playroom however, I know that people are quite rarely fan of math games in general. So I'm unsure that the effort would be worth it.

Additionally, to implement the letter part, I would need a quite complete dictionary for each of the supported languages, including all verb forms and tences…

So even if the suggestion come from time to time for this game (this isn't the first time), I don't think I will ever make it.

4. Vojvoda,

Oh we have the same quiz in Serbia Aminiel and I started programming something similar for my school project in c#.
I just replaced longest word thing with hangman, numbers game is quite easy to program though, then you have mastermind, quiz, so I actually think it wouldn't be so big deal but rather very, very fun to have in the playroom.
There is that association game, we could ask users to help with sending associations just like they did with quiz party.

5. SharonB,

Pinoccle
Canasta
Aggravations
Solitare Games

5 messages, 1 pages: 1  ↖ Go back to topic list

Answer to topic

You must be connected in order to be allowed to post