will secure connection be restored what do I tell chat participents.

4 messages, 1 pages: 1  ↖ Go back to topic list

Score: +0

1. whozitken,

Hi playroom I'm very concerned about using a non secure connection. I realize it's not your fault but I'm concerned as an event host on out of sight that uses the playroom for a wednesday game event that it might not be safe on playroom at the moment. I know there are no baddys on the playroom but an unsecure connection is very troubling. will the secure connection be restored and what do I tell my chat participents in the meantime?

2. Marina,

Hello, Please read this post, it has all the needed details.
https://qcsalon.net/en/forum1000000/topic73024

3. Aminiel,

We all know that the situation isn't optimal, but you shouldn't be so afraid. It doesn't change anything for your event, playing and chatting works as usual with the unsecure connection. You should be fine as long as all participants are connecting from home.

Those who have to take especially care are people connecting from school, workplace, restaurant, train/bus/tram station, and other public or shared networks. They should already know it anyway.
All those who stay at home, using directly the internet connection provided by their ISP, are pretty safe even with the unsecure connection.

Note that the secure connection still works with the web client as before if you are connecting to qcsalon.net via HTTPS. Only windows client is affected. If you are still afraid, this might be an option for you.

One thing is sure though, secure connection won't be back on the windows client by wednesday. Secure connection won't ever be back in version 2.2.8. It will only be available in the new 3.0 beta.

With the hope that this post clarifies the situation and helps putting your mind at rest.

Last edited by Aminiel, Jan 25 2021 20:50:55

4. tiny,

it is cool that people can connect with older versions in a way. so, good job.

4 messages, 1 pages: 1  ↖ Go back to topic list

Answer to topic

You must be connected in order to be allowed to post