Portable version

14 messages, 1 pages: 1  ↖ Go back to topic list

Score: +0

1. FromUnknownReality ,

Good evening,
This is my first poast on the forum. Is there a way to make a portable version of the client. On my end there is a client folder in program files and another in my %appdata% folder. Do I place the folder in %appdata% in to the one in program files and then place it on to the flash drive for transfer? Any help would be great.

2. Nikola,

Hello,

no, copy the folder from program files to your place of choice, then just run the qcgc.exe file.
Note that regardless of this, the program will still need access to app data on the computer it's running from in order to save it's settings.

3. FromUnknownReality ,

OK. Thanks. Will I still have game sounds? I am asking this because in the sounds folder, which is in the %appdata% folder with the client's own config folder, would I need to copy the sounds as well? Thanks in advance.

4. Nikola,

Yes, you will have sounds, they are in the program files folder as well.
There is no need to copy anything from app data, unless you want to copy your settings as well, and if so, you have to paste them back in app data on the PC you will run the portable version from.

5. FromUnknownReality ,

OK. Thanks.

6. omidsalehi ,

Hi. I have created a portable version consisting of a single exe file, without modifying the game's files in any manner. if you want to have the file, send an email to omidsalehi.sarhad@gmail.com

7. Marina,

Disclaimer!
We will not accept responsibility for any damages or viruses resulting from requesting/ downloading The file created by Omidsalehi. It is not an official file by any means, and we do not guarantee you that it does not contain any viruses. Requesting the file from him should be done on your own discretion.

English helpers

8. omidsalehi ,

Right. everyone who runs this portable version, runs it with his/her own full responsibility. I've created this unofficial version using kameo

9. tiny,

it's better to have an official portable version that can carry and run from a usb flash or the like

10. Nikola,

I am not sure why are you complicating things when they are very simple. If you know how to use an USB drive, you also know how to copy files. From there, you go to program files x86, find the Playroom folder and copy it's contents to your drive. I don't see a need for an unofficial self extracting archive, and even more so for somebody to email you when you could paste the link in public on the forum too.

11. tiny,

yeah. yet for ease of use, and beginner users an official portable version can be useful.

12. omidsalehi ,

Hi Tiny. just send me a message if you need the portable version. that's all the time I can afford to spend on this. Cheers.

Last edited by omidsalehi , Feb 28 2021 17:53:44

13. tiny,

i mean some users don't know how to check this forum, some users even don't know english, and some are beginner. and some portable versions don't work well when it's not an official version. but currently there is no official version.

14. StormProductions,

Hi,

Here's a portable version of Playroom, made only out of Program Files. No AppData settings included.
https://blindieconnect.net/files/QuentinCGameroom.zip
I can assure that I have scanned this archive with virustotal and it contains no malware whatsoever, so enjoy using it.

14 messages, 1 pages: 1  ↖ Go back to topic list

Answer to topic

You must be connected in order to be allowed to post