a way to message multiple people who messaged you without typing each one's name

15 messages, 1 pages:  1 ↖ Go back to topic list

Score: +0

1. dragonoid,

Hey. I am suggesting a way to message multiple people who messaged you previously without typing each one of their names everytime you wanna change the recipiant, Like @ for the last person, @2 for the second last, @3 for the third last etc etc etc. Thanks for reading.

2. Emerald,

Yeah i see where you are going with this. Like a group chat? How cool it would be but you could always do free tables for this i guess. Doing the @ sign may be a bit hard to do but you could probably do plus or a dash. However, this may be a bit messy. Perhaps a permanent message would be better to message many at once.

3. dragonoid,

no, what if the people aren't able to be in a free table and we're talking about some short stuff to multiple people or, I don't know, just can't find a way to explane a sinario for that

4. Vojvoda,

Group pms is something we need really badly

5. Emerald,

Yeah it is honestly is a good idea.

6. YNWA,

It looks like people are asking for 2 different things. In RS when you have PMs you would have a list of people and you can enter on one of those names after pressing control f8. I propose that you also have a list of users that have sent you PMs and if you wish to send the same message to more than one user you press space just like you do on Tarat when selecting cards to get rid of. Once you have selected the people you want to send your message, you type your message and send it. All the people who have been checked get the same message. That means some of the people could be in a game and others could be at a free table but would get the message. One example is when I was talking to Fawaz and Krish about a football match, I sometimes sent the wrong message to the wrong person but if both people got that message there would be no problem as we are talking about the same thing.

7. James_Ketchup ,

Sounds like a great tool for spammers

8. StormProductions,

Yes, true, but still, that doesn't mean we should stop developing features only because of spammers. There are methods and techniques to protect it, so it would be wrong not to do a particular function just because it can be abused.

Last edited by StormProductions, Dec 15 2021 23:32:37

9. dragonoid,

true, that's true

10. YNWA,

It was a suggestion that only gave 2 other people as an Example which is what most would do. The suggestion also suggested that you could only add people who you have already received messages from or sent messages too. You would get annoyed if people kept adding you to messages you are not interested in and you could block them.

The suggestion could help with tournaments. You could send messages to 4 players with details about their group match or table host for a particular game.

If the suggestion was taken up then Aminiel would set the limits to what can or can't be done.

11. Mortem,

Seems like the suggestion in the last few posts is pointless compared to just making group PMs available to everybody.

12. Aminiel,

Hello,

The feature proposed in the first post is going to be complicated.
When you get a message from X and then from Y, if you use @, you replay to Y.
Using @@ or @2 would reply to X, but by doing so, X would become the last instead of the second last, so would have to use @ to send another message to X and @@ or @2 for Y.
I don't know if you really get it, but you have the idea. It's extremely confusing, and you wouldn't always very well which one would send to whom. It's much simpler to write the name and voilà.

Now, direct private messages aren't made for sending a message to several people at once.
They are made to be simple and quick. If you need to write the same message to several people, you should send permanent messages. As a reminder, you can send up to 6 people at once.

Score: +1

13. dragonoid,

ut what if the name(s) of the person(s) I'm trying to message is too very long, and I can't type it over and over again, so yeah

14. James_Ketchup ,

Ctrl M

15. Fawaz,

You can always hit up arrow and type the message.
usually only the message will be selected not the name. better to make sure of course but you will not have to type the name each time.
so if you type right away after hitting the up arrow in the chatbox, only your previous message will get deleted, and your new message will be typing in its place, the name will be untouched.

15 messages, 1 pages:  1 ↖ Go back to topic list

Answer to topic

You must be connected in order to be allowed to post

Lost password ? Create account