opening new window in play room

4 messages, 1 pages:  1 ↖ Go back to topic list

Score: +1

1. mostafamahmoud310,

hi play room team i hope to allow us to open a new winndow from play room but window for join or create free table and main window to play game, thanks

Score: +0

2. Jatayu,

I'm assuming that you mean being able to create two separate tables one for the game itself and one for free tables.
I don't see the point of that however, since you are already able to chat in any game table, and invite people to it. In fact I do that quite often. Unless you mean to incorporate teh dicerolling feature in every game but again, I don't really see the point to add quite possiblly hundreds of lines of code to have multiple window instances for such a trivial thing. Just me though.
Hth
merry christmas

Score: +0

Last edited by Jatayu, Dec 25 2021 10:16:29

3. Nikola,

Hi,
what he means I believe is for example chatting with a few people on one free table, and in another window playing a different game without leaving this other free table.

This isn't a bad suggestion, another platform does this quite well, but it will require more than just allowing to open a new PR window.
What should happen when someone presses ctrl j on your name and which one should they join? Ideally I believe a list should open displaying all tables you are currently at.
What should be displayed in the online users list? Are you busy playing a game or available on a free table?
That will probably require a bit of redesign, but I would make the state busy always a priority if you are playing something.
For example, imagining you are in a game and playing as well as chatting on a free table, it would say something like, Nikola, busy, Uno, free table:
It could get a little confusing sometimes though.

Last edited by Nikola, Dec 25 2021 15:32:53

4. Aminiel,

Hello,

The playroom hasn't been designed with the ability to be at several tables at once in mind. Doing this would require a major redesign of the structure. Except maybe for tournaments, I don't think it's so useful and hance worth it.

4 messages, 1 pages:  1 ↖ Go back to topic list

Answer to topic

You must be connected in order to be allowed to post

Lost password ? Create account