chess suggestion

11 messages, 1 pages:  1 ↖ Go back to topic list

Score: +0

1. ibraheemmohsen,

Hello guys, I have a suggestion to add an option in the game of chess, which is the professionals play, so that whatever the king is in danger, it does not alert the player.
Because that makes the game if I kill all my opponent's soldiers, and my opponent kill all of my soldiers it becomes almost impossible to win.

2. Jatayu,

Thank you for your needless personal attack on someone clearly meaning well for the community and make a suggestion which might end up helping everyone. Qc is an inclusive community, which means people from all backgrounds are allowed to express their thoughts and opinions, I urge you to keep in mind that not all have enlgish as their primary language, (myself included) and rather than being so insensitive try to point such things out in a constructive polite manner if you really have to. In this case, neither what you said was necessary nor called for, let alone rellivent to the topic at hand. Anyway, I do have a few friends who are professional chess players so even though I am having difficulty understanding, they might be able to weigh in with their point of view. Will let them know.
Cheers

3. The_Frisbee_of_Peace,

Honestly. Is this where we're still at?
At any rate, I'm no chess expert but I figure @1's suggestion was expressed pretty articulately and is something that could be considered. Maybe there could be an option to make the game less verbose? Not sure.

4. spaceship,

Hi, I think you mean check should not be spoken. Actually the rules of chess don't allow you to capture the king anyway, so if a player mistakenly plays a move disregarding the check, it would be considered an illegal move and would not have any implication on an online game, as the player would get to play another move without capturing the king.
The way to win in chess is to trap the opponent's king and put him on a check at the same time, not to capture the king. I am not talking about the other means to end like draws or resignation etc.

Last edited by spaceship, Feb 2 2022 12:52:21

5. Aminiel,

Hello,

I have never heard about such a rule, and personally I don't see well what it brings to add this option on the playroom. This looks just… wrong.

6. ibraheemmohsen,

Well, imagine with me the following scenario that happened to me personally, we killed all our soldiers, me and my enemy playing together, who was my brother. My brother has only the queen and the king, while I have only the king. Can you give me moves he can follow to win?

7. Ninety-Nine ,

Hello, if a person has a king and a queen, and the opponent has just a king, it's for sure possible to win. In fact, it becomes easy for the one having a queen to win the game. But, you'v spoken about 2 completely different things at a time, according to what I have understood.

8. Aminiel,

Hello,

Now you are talking about finals, it isn't the same thing at all.

You can always win with the king plus a queen against a king alone. You can also win with a rook. There are well known recipes for that, you just have to follow them, or you can try to find them back yourself if you want. It's rather easy.

However, as far as I know, you can't win with only a knight or a bishop. If you have both you can win but it's much harder. In any case, if you are in a situation where no one can win, you can just declare a draw by pressing N.

9. ibraheemmohsen,

What moves can a person win if he has a queen and a king against the opponent's king?

10. Fawaz,

you can install this game called BG chess.
once you install it, you'll find a file called how to play chess.
in that file, you can find a heading called
"King and Queen versus King"
it is a level 3 heading, just after the heading "ending" which is a level one heading.
good luck.

11. ibraheemmohsen,

thanks fawaz
I will see that

11 messages, 1 pages:  1 ↖ Go back to topic list

Answer to topic

You must be connected in order to be allowed to post

Lost password ? Create account