This summer's Uno Tournament!

35 messages, 2 pages: 1  2 ↖ Go back to topic list

Score: +0

1. Raki,

Hey guys,
It’s been a while, but here we go, another uno tournament!
It took some time but we finally found a good date that works.
This tournament like the other ones, will be taking place over 2 days which is Saturday, July 16 and Sunday July 17. We think it’s a perfect time because it falls rite after Ramadan and the Euro cup, so we have no interference!
The tournament will begin at 1400 GMT, 10 A.M. Eastern, 3 P.M. UK, 4P.M. Egypt and 5P.M. Turkey.
Please note that we’ll be starting at the same time for both Saturday and Sunday and as always, if you’re having any trouble converting time, you can always message me, Imthechampraki or one of the other 2 organisers, Mancity and Magicalkrrish on the playroom.

This tournament will have a slightly different format than our previous uno tournaments. In our previous uno tournaments, our first round consisted of only 1 game for everyone, either you won it and you continued onto the next round, or you lost it and you were out.
This time, our first round will be in group format.

How that works:
Say you’re in group B with 3 other players, Player X, Y and Z. You’ll be guaranteed 3 matches as you’ll be playing X,Y and Z. Player X will also be guaranteed 3 matches as he’ll be playing the 3 other players in your group. This might be confusing for anyone who’s not familiar with the group format, so, any questions will be answered by any of the organisers or can be posted down below.
Ynwa has kindly volunteered to randomly draw the players in to their respective groups.

We won’t decide how many groups we’ll have or how many players advance to the next round from the group stages until we close registration and have a good idea of how many players we have.
The second round and onwards will be knock out rounds, so you’ll only have 1 game.
The group stages (first round) will be held on the Saturday and the following rounds will be on the Sunday.

We’ll keep the rules short and simple as always, No chatting during rounds. In the group stages, if you don’t show up on time to play with your group, we’ll either look for another player on standby or you’re group will precede without you. It’s that much more important to show up on time this tournament as we’ll have several tables going at once with the different groups, we won’t have the luxury of pushing your match to the last spot of the day.
Please note that simply replying to this post doesn’t book you a spot in the tournament, you’ll have to have a conversation with one of the organisers. Don’t refrain yourselves from replying though as your reply will let us know who to contact next.
Registration closes on Sunday, July 10.

Here’s to a memorable and enjoyable tournament.

Imthechampraki.
Magicalkrrish.
Mancity.

2. policeman1,

I am ready to win and please add me in!. Cannot wait to win it all!.

3. WindowEyes,

I am shoore that I wil come.

4. Maldalain,

I am in, yet please list the rules so everybody can refer to in case of debate on whatever issue raises with time. Rules such as someone requesting postponing his or her match for a while or someone informed the organisers of him being late for his or her match. Personally I think there shouldn't be any matches postponed even if the delay is caused by the organisers, everybody taking part should be informed of any changes of time and dates. The starting time of each match should be flexible but not for an hour, for example. You know about this much better than me so please try to list all the rules and everybody is supposed to follow them, no exceptions even for organisers. Thank you.

5. musiclover,

can i joyn

6. wolfi,

sure thing, i'm in, also if you need any help running tables or anything? i'm up for that.

7. Raki,

Hi, muhammad, you can't just ask that your match get moved to another spot because it effects the hole group that you'll be placed in.
I said in my original post: "In the group stages, if you don’t show up on time to play with your group, we’ll either look for another player on standby or you’re group will precede without you."
That's pretty clear I hope, but if there's any other questions, don't hesitate to ask.

8. Angelina-princess,

Hello, I would like to join. It sounds so interesting tournament. The time is suitable for us. Hope it will be done successed.

9. Cristina ,

Hello!
I'd like to participate, but the starting time is not ok for me saturday, because usually I am still at church at that time.
I wonder if could you guys schedule my matches to be later?
If yes, then count me in please.
Thank you!
Regards, Cristina

10. Raki,

Hi confusing, Appreciate the offer, I'll keep it in mind.
Cristina, if we have 8 groups, we'll play 4 groups at once in sepperit tables at the start, and then go with the next 4 after that, so it all depends on how many players we get, I'll probably be able to push your group as the group to go second. What time do you get home?

Last edited by Raki, Jun 22 2016 14:21:14

11. Cristina ,

I would arrive at home at max 7 p m Turkey time what's Romania time too and the starting time is 5 p m.

12. Adventure-Time,

Yooooooo!
Great news there. Me and Badgirl are willing to join! Can'T wait.
A-T

13. fire-starter,

Heya folks, please add me in also

14. mogo,

Count me in bro!

Last edited by mogo, Jun 23 2016 08:38:02

15. Lemonade,

I'm in, as usual! And lets see if I can finally do well in a tournament!

16. Epic_Krrish,

I hope you do well this time around :P

17. boo-boo,

hello all. count me in.

18. musiclover,

am i in

19. Tayem,

I'm ready to join you guys.

20. WindowEyes,

your welcome.

21. afrim,

May you count me in?

22. Cristina ,

Hello!
if you still have free spots, then please count in Flavianu, Cristi85 and extasyGirl.
All of them are from Romania and asked me to sign them up, because they can not speak english language.
Thank you!

23. WindowEyes,

and also francezu25, Sunlight. and Kizo1 If he want's

Last edited by WindowEyes, Jun 24 2016 13:16:36

24. Vojvoda ,

count me in

25. Raki,

Hi, thanks Afrim, of course you may join.
Blind_Tech, please don't give random suggestions on here, it'll just confuse everything. thanks.
The interest has been amazing, we've already got around 35 players signed up so if you'd like to join or know anyone who wants to join I suggest you do it quickly!

Last edited by Raki, Jun 24 2016 17:46:42

26. WindowEyes,

I don't see That I am suggesting something. More over, What I have writed is not randem at all, So don't please comment like this roky?

27. Raki,

Yes, you're suggesting other players. I don't want to argue, If you don't know the players or you don't speak for them, like Cristina for example. just don't put their names forward.

28. WindowEyes,

ok, I will now change it.

29. ManCity ,

Hi guys,
Thanks for signing up, we're impressed with the amount of people who have signed up. but we have to close registration for now.
If we need any more players one of us will let you guys know. Once again thanks for signing up!

Last edited by ManCity , Jun 24 2016 19:59:44

30. CathyAnne,

This time is not okay for me because I am usually doing other thing. You didn't state a.m. or pm at all.

35 messages, 2 pages: 1  2 ↖ Go back to topic list

Answer to topic

You must be connected in order to be allowed to post