Important: Uno International League is now on!

38 Mensagens, 2 Páginas:  1 2 ↖ Voltar a lista de tópicos

Pontuação: +2

1. Stenaldo,

•This is a long post. If necessary, Please check the following replies in order to view the separate sections of this article.

Hello everyone,

I am glad to say that the newest inventions of playroom, the tireless work of the people looking after its development and our connection with the past, keep us playing here more than once in a while, despite our daily obligations and so forth. Its great that playroom remains a powerful accessible gaming platform, and we definitely love it!

Personally for me, one of the most important things that happened after servers were updated, is that I could play uno with my friends again. The game was rather unplayable for the last few years… and one day, quite impressively, it just became suddenly great!

Anyhow: Together with two close friends, whom of course I know personally, we invented a certain competition between the three of us, which developed into an addictive kind of activity. That league, (if you could call it so), inspires me for proposing the Uno International League, (UIL), a monthly competition separated in divisions, just like national football leagues.

Now before we continue any further, I’d like to say two important things.
•Firstly, I don’t know if such an idea has been proposed previously. I’ve only recently started reading the forums, so I can’t know this for sure.
•I don’t claim to hold the copyrights of the league, lol! If the idea is considered and liked by the community, all people can suggest, change, modify, take leading roles in organizing the league, ETC, ETC.

Now the league :

The league will feature a certain number of players. This will be changeable through its continuation, while new people might show interest to join the competition. The first edition will be undivided. This approach will allow us not only to establish a certain number of players, but also to let the competition decide witch players should play in the top division, and which should follow in the lower ones. The rules then, become simple. All players within a certain division will play two matches between each other, with table masters changing for each match. Since in Uno finishing in equal points is a rare event, I suggest we give two points to the winners, and nothing to the losers. Should two players draw, —which means that both players pass the score limit with the same number of points—, then One, (1), extra round should be played to break the tie. You should keep in mind that Uno immediately ends when players pass the score limit, no matter the situation. I suggest that the score limit should be 500 points for all matches and for all subdivisions of the league.

Promotion and relegation.

The number of players per league should determine how many players are promoted and / or relegated. If a certain subdivision does not include more than 10 to 12 players, than the last two players are immediately relegated, while the two first players from a lower league are promoted. The player one position above the last two players, plays a match with the third player from the lower league to decide their fate. If the player from the top division wins, he / she maintains his/her presence in the top division., IF the third player from the lower subdivision wins, then he / she is promoted to the top division, exchanging places with the defeated player from the top league.
•Keep in mind, All players from all divisions should play two matches per league between each other, with table masters changing for each match.

Challenges, issues, and of course solutions!

Players not appearing, time zone confusion, and a monitoring team available during the entire tournament. I know, these are some of the biggest problems when organizing a tournament. Some 8 - 9 years ago, Before the forum was as coordinated as it is today, I and my dear friend Afrim organized what perhaps was the first 99 game tournament, and one of the first overall in playroom. Despite the help we got, it became a mess… And I was among the first players to get knocked out. IN the end somebody won, but I never took the initiative for organizing something ever again. So below you’ll find some solutions to these problems, which just like everything else written in this long, long article, are to be discussed with the administrators and community alike, in the hours / days / weeks to come.

•after you have the list of fixtures for yourself, it’ll be up to you and your partner to decide the exact time for your match to be held. Exact time means you will decide on the hour and the minute, but not on the day/ week. Since the league should be played once a month, there should be one round per day, or one in two days, in order to actually finish the league and avoid confusion.
•All players should have the chance to decide if they want a bot to replace them, if they can’t respect the schedule they already agreed for with their opponent. If possible, players can reschedule their match, within the determined day for that particular round, or before the upcoming round begins. The first player online should report his/her presence to an administrator, and he/she must wait no more than fifteen, (15) minutes before replacing his opponent with a bot. If one’s opponent decided not to let a bot replace him/her, then no mor than 15 minutes after a player being online, the nun present player, which prefers no bot to take his/her place, should be declared defeated.
•If two players don’t appear according to their schedule and they have chosen for bots to replace them in such cases, then someone from the organizing team should create a table, remain as a spectator, and allow two bots to play against each other. The first bot joining the table represents the table master, so we know who won the match.
On the other hand, if no player appears for the match in time, and each of the players decides not to have bots for representing them, they should both end with 0 points shall the following round begin without them finishing their previous match.

Now another question arises: If no one is monitoring the games, how can we know who won? Should we trust that all players have great integrity? Well… first Believe, then verify! IF the administrators agree, I would suggest that the winner should send a history report to the administrating team, with the subject/comment line reading: UIL followed by the number of the subdivision; (E.G: UIL 1) and the names of the two players.) Then the administrators can verify the winner and update scores appropriately.
P.S. It’s important for us to know how possible is it for the administrators to follow up the tournament, but we’ll be able to figure it out one way or another, that’s for sure!

I believe we should remain open to decide on possible prizes for the top league winners, and later I will add an extra suggestion in this regard. However, it should be fun enough even if we don’t include such extras. For now I hope you find the idea impressive, and I can’t wait to you’re your views below!
Enjoy and all the best,
Stenaldo, obviously.

Pontuação: +0

2. Ryo-Bee,

Count me in

3. tasneem ,

hello I liked the proposal, i'm ready to be in.

4. bleced,

I seriously

5. unolover,

can i be put in

6. Pangeran_antartika,

count me in

7. ibraheemmohsen,

This is a really cool thing.
Count me in.

8. zmorris,

This sounds awesome! Count me in!

9. barbi ,

count me in, and please mention the time and date of the tornament.

10. Marina,

Hi there Stenaldo,

Great idea that many people would enjoy indeed.
In fact, this idea has been done at least twice before, I can't recall if more. I think it was mostly successful although of course each time had its issues.
I will share with you some of the previously implemented ideas that I think were very successful.
you can divide phases into weeks, in each week players are supposed to play against each other according to a time table you provide either at once at the beginning of the tournament, or before the beginning of each week/phase.
I would also suggest that you leave it up to the players to find each other and play their matches over the week, then any unplayed matches go to the weekend. If a player fails to show up for their match until Sunday, then their opponent should get the points of this match.
This is not necessarily important, but it would probably be better if you had a fixed format with a specific number of players to reach your goal, since leaving it opened like that might create commitment issues and bring people who would sign up and then feel there was no specific format anyway, so they'd just decide not to come. Not saying having a goal would eliminate it, but it would probably reduce it, you should be ready with a plan B for such situations.
I would like also to communicate some concerns we had as the helpers team. we are afraid you rely a little too much on the availability of moderators, and that there is no trust in the players when it comes to score reporting.
In all the previous leagues, I don't recall any childish acts, people have a history of providing the right results, and we feel it's unnecessary to send us the history reports, and you should be responsible for updating the results.
We also see no point of players reporting their presence to us once they're online, since that should be rather reported to their opponents, or you as the organizer.
At the first glance at your post, I assumed you meant organizers by administrators. Then I could see that you indeed did differentiate between both, so please correct me if I misunderstood anything. however more focus was put on administrators, which would be rather helpers in this case, which is unusual in other leagues/ tournaments.
We as admins and helpers do not prefer the idea of an official tournament or league for many reasons, and in this case that league was more leaning towards one.
With that said, we'd be happy to help to link scores to a free table in big phases if we're available, and in the case of the final event for example where you can talk with us about the timing so we can try our best to help you stream it to a free table for people to enjoy.
Wishing you a successful league!
The English helpers team.

11. Ssanni,

if there is still place there, please count me in

12. afrim,

That's a wonderful idea actually. Count me in in case of an organization.

13. alsahad ,

Wow, Bravo! I'm in.

14. TheGirlNextDoor,

count me in

15. Jatayu,

am in...

16. Nikola,

Greetings,
I would also like to sign up.

I was thinking about doing a league like this for a while, so I'm glad someone took the initiative. I'm here in case any help is required, whether with organizing or anything else.

17. bogdanionut,

hi, count me in

18. Caoimhe,

I'd like to join as well

19. Stenaldo,

Hello everyone,

Thank y’all for your comments and its great to know you are considering the idea to join the league! I think it will be something extra here in playroom.
We will welcome newcomers to join us until late Friday, and I know it might mean different things to different people lol, but who cares? It’s not that we’re applying for Cambridge! We don’t have to bee as strict as they are 12 . IN the weekend we’ll start drawing our matches and each participant will have his/her own personalized list of opponents and round numbers. After we begin with that process, no one else can join the league, because then things get complicated.
• The rules will be briefed more precisely soon. You’re welcome at all times to give suggestions and so forth. I might be the one who has revived the idea of a Uno league, but this league is organized by all participants.
Thanks again and all the best!

20. sir-yazan ,

hi, count me in please.

21. Dentine,

Count me in as well, sounds fun.

22. Stenaldo,

HI guys,

This is to let you know that the first stage of the Uno International League is now finalized. We’re already 20 players, which will now play against each other to establish not only a champion, but the members of each league as well.
We should start playing by the 6th of May; and you’ll all have your fixtures either by email, (if you so like), or in another form.
So let’s make this league popular and fun to everyone involved!
Enjoy and prepare for battle!

23. unolover,

who do i go with

24. mohammed_albasha,

add me

25. Stenaldo,

Hi all,

This is for letting you know that the Uno International league is now on! You need to get in touch with your opponents in order to find a time that suits you well for playing. Please keep a history file after each match, so we can verify who won if its needed. To save a history file, press F9 on your keyboard, and follow the instructions as required.
Everyone will have a personalized list of fixtures in his/ her inbox. Please allow everyone to send you Permeanent messages, for there should be people who might not have me on their friends list.
•Reminder!
*All games should be played on this set of rules: Plus2/Plus4, on. Bluffing, on. Straights, on. Interception’s, on. Super Interseptions, On. Time limit, 5 seconds. Score Limit, 500points.
*All players play two matches between each other.
*winners get two points while losers get nothing.
You can find the entire league fixtures below.
Don’t hesitate to get in touch with me if you need to!
Enjoy and may the best win!

1 magnumHurricane - Afrim -
1 Dentine - barbi -
1 zachary.morris2017 - Pangeran_antartika -
1 Nikola - ibraheemmohsen -
1 Stenaldo - AK-47 -
1 Darkness - bogdanionut -
1 Ryo-Bee - unolover -
1 TheGoldenSnitch - bleced -
1 TheGirlNextDoor - tasneem -
1 Alsahad - marina -
2 magnumHurricane - bogdanionut -
2 AK-47 - unolover -
2 ibraheemmohsen - bleced -
2 Pangeran_antartika - tasneem -
2 barbi - marina -
2 Afrim - Alsahad -
2 Dentine - TheGirlNextDoor -
2 zachary.morris2017 - TheGoldenSnitch -
2 Nikola - Ryo-Bee -
2 Stenaldo - Darkness -
3 magnumHurricane - TheGoldenSnitch -
3 TheGirlNextDoor - Ryo-Bee -
3 Alsahad - Darkness -
3 marina - Stenaldo -
3 tasneem - Nikola -
3 bleced - zachary.morris2017 -
3 unolover - Dentine -
3 bogdanionut - Afrim -
3 AK-47 - barbi -
3 ibraheemmohsen - Pangeran_antartika -
4 magnumHurricane - bleced -
4 unolover - tasneem -
4 bogdanionut - marina -
4 AK-47 - Alsahad -
4 ibraheemmohsen - TheGirlNextDoor -
4 Pangeran_antartika - TheGoldenSnitch -
4 barbi - Ryo-Bee -
4 Afrim - Darkness -
4 Dentine - Stenaldo -
4 zachary.morris2017 - Nikola -
5 magnumHurricane - AK-47 -
5 ibraheemmohsen - bogdanionut -
5 Pangeran_antartika - unolover -
5 barbi - bleced -
5 Afrim - tasneem -
5 Dentine - marina -
5 zachary.morris2017 - Alsahad -
5 Nikola - TheGirlNextDoor -
5 Stenaldo - TheGoldenSnitch -
5 Darkness - Ryo-Bee -
6 magnumHurricane - Ryo-Bee -
6 TheGoldenSnitch - Darkness -
6 TheGirlNextDoor - Stenaldo -
6 Alsahad - Nikola -
6 marina - zachary.morris2017 -
6 tasneem - Dentine -
6 bleced - Afrim -
6 unolover - barbi -
6 bogdanionut - Pangeran_antartika -
6 AK-47 - ibraheemmohsen -
7 magnumHurricane - Nikola -
7 Stenaldo - zachary.morris2017 -
7 Darkness - Dentine -
7 Ryo-Bee - Afrim -
7 TheGoldenSnitch - barbi -
7 TheGirlNextDoor - Pangeran_antartika -
7 Alsahad - ibraheemmohsen -
7 marina - AK-47 -
7 tasneem - bogdanionut -
7 bleced - unolover -
8 magnumHurricane - zachary.morris2017 -
8 Nikola - Dentine -
8 Stenaldo - Afrim -
8 Darkness - barbi -
8 Ryo-Bee - Pangeran_antartika -
8 TheGoldenSnitch - ibraheemmohsen -
8 TheGirlNextDoor - AK-47 -
8 Alsahad - bogdanionut -
8 marina - unolover -
8 tasneem - bleced -
9 magnumHurricane - barbi -
9 Afrim - Pangeran_antartika -
9 Dentine - ibraheemmohsen -
9 zachary.morris2017 - AK-47 -
9 Nikola - bogdanionut -
9 Stenaldo - unolover -
9 Darkness - bleced -
9 Ryo-Bee - tasneem -
9 TheGoldenSnitch - marina -
9 TheGirlNextDoor - Alsahad -
10 magnumHurricane - Darkness -
10 Ryo-Bee - Stenaldo -
10 TheGoldenSnitch - Nikola -
10 TheGirlNextDoor - zachary.morris2017 -
10 Alsahad - Dentine -
10 marina - Afrim -
10 tasneem - barbi -
10 bleced - Pangeran_antartika -
10 unolover - ibraheemmohsen -
10 bogdanionut - AK-47 -
11 magnumHurricane - Dentine -
11 zachary.morris2017 - Afrim -
11 Nikola - barbi -
11 Stenaldo - Pangeran_antartika -
11 Darkness - ibraheemmohsen -
11 Ryo-Bee - AK-47 -
11 TheGoldenSnitch - bogdanionut -
11 TheGirlNextDoor - unolover -
11 Alsahad - bleced -
11 marina - tasneem -
12 magnumHurricane - tasneem -
12 bleced - marina -
12 unolover - Alsahad -
12 bogdanionut - TheGirlNextDoor -
12 AK-47 - TheGoldenSnitch -
12 ibraheemmohsen - Ryo-Bee -
12 Pangeran_antartika - Darkness -
12 barbi - Stenaldo -
12 Afrim - Nikola -
12 Dentine - zachary.morris2017 -
13 magnumHurricane - marina -
13 tasneem - Alsahad -
13 bleced - TheGirlNextDoor -
13 unolover - TheGoldenSnitch -
13 bogdanionut - Ryo-Bee -
13 AK-47 - Darkness -
13 ibraheemmohsen - Stenaldo -
13 Pangeran_antartika - Nikola -
13 barbi - zachary.morris2017 -
13 Afrim - Dentine -
14 magnumHurricane - Stenaldo -
14 Darkness - Nikola -
14 Ryo-Bee - zachary.morris2017 -
14 TheGoldenSnitch - Dentine -
14 TheGirlNextDoor - Afrim -
14 Alsahad - barbi -
14 marina - Pangeran_antartika -
14 tasneem - ibraheemmohsen -
14 bleced - AK-47 -
14 unolover - bogdanionut -
15 magnumHurricane - Alsahad -
15 marina - TheGirlNextDoor -
15 tasneem - TheGoldenSnitch -
15 bleced - Ryo-Bee -
15 unolover - Darkness -
15 bogdanionut - Stenaldo -
15 AK-47 - Nikola -
15 ibraheemmohsen - zachary.morris2017 -
15 Pangeran_antartika - Dentine -
15 barbi - Afrim -
16 magnumHurricane - TheGirlNextDoor -
16 Alsahad - TheGoldenSnitch -
16 marina - Ryo-Bee -
16 tasneem - Darkness -
16 bleced - Stenaldo -
16 unolover - Nikola -
16 bogdanionut - zachary.morris2017 -
16 AK-47 - Dentine -
16 ibraheemmohsen - Afrim -
16 Pangeran_antartika - barbi -
17 magnumHurricane - Pangeran_antartika -
17 barbi - ibraheemmohsen -
17 Afrim - AK-47 -
17 Dentine - bogdanionut -
17 zachary.morris2017 - unolover -
17 Nikola - bleced -
17 Stenaldo - tasneem -
17 Darkness - marina -
17 Ryo-Bee - Alsahad -
17 TheGoldenSnitch - TheGirlNextDoor -
18 magnumHurricane - ibraheemmohsen -
18 Pangeran_antartika - AK-47 -
18 barbi - bogdanionut -
18 Afrim - unolover -
18 Dentine - bleced -
18 zachary.morris2017 - tasneem -
18 Nikola - marina -
18 Stenaldo - Alsahad -
18 Darkness - TheGirlNextDoor -
18 Ryo-Bee - TheGoldenSnitch -
19 magnumHurricane - unolover -
19 bogdanionut - bleced -
19 AK-47 - tasneem -
19 ibraheemmohsen - marina -
19 Pangeran_antartika - Alsahad -
19 barbi - TheGirlNextDoor -
19 Afrim - TheGoldenSnitch -
19 Dentine - Ryo-Bee -
19 zachary.morris2017 - Darkness -
19 Nikola - Stenaldo -

Última edição por Stenaldo, May 7 2022 01:48:57

26. Nikola,

Hello,
reviving this topic.

Since Stenaldo can't double post, please check his latest post, message number 25, which was edited to now show the list of ficstures for the complete league.

27. Marina,

Hello there,
just to avoid confusion, there was a misunderstanding here, I have never signed up for the league, but Stinaldo put me based on my previous message. That is now clear and he will replace me, so please wait for his message.
Thanks.

28. Stenaldo,

Hello all,

Please read this message with caution.

Firstly, please welcome Tiger Crish! He will replace Marina in the league, which means that you should play him whenever your list of fixtures puts you against Marina.
In order for us to have fun and keep the league as playable as possible, we have not discussed any particular deadlines and we are not respecting the list of fixtures. All players must play their matches according to the availability of their opponents. For example, if you face Stenaldo in your first round but Stenaldo doesn’t seem to show up, you should advance to your next round, and your next round shouldn’t necessarily be your second in the list of fixtures. However, every player have to precisely describe his/her progress in an electronic document, where both round and match numbers should be included. For Example, If the first person you play against is round number 7 in your fixtures list, that you should describe it like this:
Round 7, completed. 2 games played, 4 points if you won both matches, 2 points if you won only one match, and 0 points if you lost both matches within round seven.
In the end of this message you’ll find a link to Nikola’s page, who has beautifully described his results, and you might follow the same logic to present your rounds and games. Nikola is helping with the organization as well, and he deserves an extra thank you.

Good luck !

http://nikolajovic.rf.gd/playroom/uno-league-2022/results.html

29. Nikola,

I'll just make a small note about that page, whenever you load it, make sure to press ctrl f5 in your browser to fully refresh and not use a cached copy for the latest results. For the moment I don't think I can fix that.

One more thing you will definitely want to do is click the celebration link on it...

30. Stenaldo,

Hi,
Again I would like to emphasize the importance of correctly describing your matches and rounds. Please, create an electronic document, (word .dox, Notepad .txt, etc.), and clearly define your matches and rounds.
Example: Round no. 1. Stenaldo vs. AK-47
Game 1, – AK-47, 2 points
Game 2, – Stenaldo, 2 points
Please submit records after completing five rounds. You can put your document online and share a link in the forum or via a personalized message in my inbox. You can also submit your results to Nikola.
•remember
*Round numbers refer to the number of your opponents
*Game numbers refer to the number of games you play with each and every opponent. That number cannot be greater than 2.
*You can play your rounds without following the order of fixtures. However, when describing your rounds and games, you must always refer to them according to the numbers in your personalized lists. Bleced was the second player I played against. But he’s the 16th round in my list. Hence, I will describe it in my league table document as the round 16.
Example:
Round no. 16. Stenaldo vs. Bleced
Game 1, – Stenaldo, 2 points
Game 2, – Bleced, 2 points
Enjoy your games and have fun!

38 Mensagens, 2 Páginas:  1 2 ↖ Voltar a lista de tópicos

Responder ao tópico

Você deve estar conectado para poder postar.

Esqueceu sua senha? Criar uma conta