Translating playroom

39 messages, 2 pages: 1  2 ↖ Go back to topic list

Score: -1

1. Burak,

Hello,
I want to translate playroom. How can I do this?

Score: +0

2. JimJ,

So do I, I got an error in French I think, and no way to know what it says.

3. Burak,

When will translations continue again!

4. stemilanista,

Hello, my problem is that I wish the game to start with italian interface, without the need to change language every time I begin to play.
I tried changing the language parameter in config.ini.
language=en
into:
language=it

But it doesn't work.
At next game restart, it is still in English.
How can this issue be solved?

Best regards, Stefano from Italy

5. Burak,

Please! I! Want! To! Translate!

6. Aminiel,

@stemilanista: you can't do that, sorry. The client itself is only in french and english.

Anyway, all other translations are at least partially out of date. I know, I should definitely organize something for managing the translations better, but I still have not enough time to do it efficiently. A portuguese guy is also waiting for translating, and I would like to translate it into german as well. Be sure that you will be informed when I could open the playroom to new translations by new translators.

7. alshmasi,

i want to translate the play room to Arabic Language, how can i do this?

8. Aminiel,

i want to translate the play room to Arabic Language, how can i do this?

Arabic wouldn't be supported anyway. At the moment I can only support languages using ISO-8859-1/Latin-1 character encoding, I should move to UTF-8 first before being able to support japanese, russian, turkish and others. and certainly languages that aren't written from left to right will never be supported at all, I haven't any knowledge on how to handle that particularity.

9. Burak,

When will this be done?

10. Aminiel,

I have not planed to move to UTF-8 at the moment.

11. redsoxfan,

I want to put the playroom back to English, but not sure how to do it

12. Aminiel,

What do you mean by back to english ?

13. aravis,

hello, everyone! i guess that'll be a tough task for the one in charge of translations from here, but since people have brought this up already, i'll ask again. over six months ago i messaged Quentin about the possibility of translating the playroom into russian - that's why i have said it'd be rather tough for the developers. russian is not a very good language for those programs written in something like anci! i'm sure this is not the case here. i've got some experience in translating programs, at least i'm familiar with .po files, i made russian localization for gw connect back then 3 weeks ago. so, what can you say to that?

14. Aminiel,

The playroom don't use gettext. it uses something much simpler to use, basicly just simple text files with placeholders like %1, etc.

Ironically concerning russian, somebody confirmed me just today that cyrilic alphabet don't necessarily require multi-byte encodings like unicode or UTF-8. In consequence a russian translation is perfectly possible.

I didn't think so some months ago. I have never been outside of europe, so I'm quite ignorant about languages that don't use latin alphabets. Please excuse me for that, nobody can't know everything.

For all current and future translators, you must absolutely remember that translating something like the playroom isn't just a one-time work. New games are added, features are changing, and in consequence, all textes must be regularely maintained. The problem I have to face, and that's why I have allmost stopped all translations, is that there is currently no way to efficiently compare english files against language X files to see what is missing and what has been added in the last updates. I will think about all that this summer, to provide to translators something efficiant to work with.

15. oportuguesdeportugal ,

I wanted to collaborate!
translation into Portuguese!
how can I do?

16. iks2101,

I wish to make translation on Russian. Inform me when it will be possible.

17. alan-c,

Hello, My name is Alan Conway. I am a retired interpreter. French and English were my working languages, but I also learned Spanish. I expect to be doing some freelance work soon, so although I'm officially retired, I don't expect to stop working entirely. If a way can be found to send me the French and English texts, I would be glad to revise them. I understand that the job is a long one. I worked as a translator before I became an interpreter. I would, however be willing to help. I understand there is also a difficulty related to inserting the new versions, but if this can be overcome, count on my cooperation.

18. Aminiel,

I will inform everybody about translations when efficient tools to translate become available. Probably by the end of the summer, I don't know exactly.

OF course, since my native language is french, it's better to start translations from french than from english, because my own english translation isn't so accurate.

Look also at the french forum if you can: announces to find translators will probably be there first.

19. alan-c,

I will check the messages on the French forum. Of course, I would be working from French to English. I will contact you privately to give you my email address and Skype name in case you need to contact me privately about this.

20. akilor,

Maybe make missing strings show some sort of text so that it could be easyly found and translated. I know this may sound strange, but it could be something like if the server finds missing strings, it blocks the particular language until those missing strings have been corrected.

Personally, i think tools are a better idea, so let's just all be pacient and wait...

Kind regards
<c v>

21. allx,

i want to translate the playroom to Romanian Language, how can i do this?
______
ALLX

22. siddharta,

Hi Aminiel and All.
Sorry, I have submitted my translation proposal into the Bug report of the forum and I'm not able to move it here.
please, dear Aminiel, read it, probably when you'll back from holidays, :) i strongly wish you accept my offer to revise all the italian translation which is not a well done job.
I'll do it for free obviuosly and with pleasure, I'm not at my first translation experience.

I wish to have news from you soon.

Goodbye.
Gabriel.

23. Biblos,

Hi Aminiel, I would translate better the italian strings of the game. But this work can be done by Gabriel, an italian user that I know. However, I've translated the license file in italian. What I do to send you this work? Game very cool, congratulation. Giuseppe

24. mayya,

Hello everybody!
I am the one in charge of the revision of the playroom into english. we have started this job two months ago and have corrected many games. I have also translated and revised some pages on the website, some of which did not exist in the english version of the playroom. well, please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any problems concerning the translation into english
Best Regards
Maya

25. siddharta,

Hi Aminiel, Giuseppe and all.
I wish just to submit again my offer to improve the italian translation of Playroom. The italian strings need to be deeply revised cause they have been translated from a non-mother tongue person and there is some messy expressions here and there.
So, please Aminiel, give me the opportunity to give my contribution to che comunitiy.
Thanks a lot.
Gabriel.

26. Aminiel,

Hello,

For italian, there is already someone in the work. I suggest that you contact her if you want to help. I'm sure she would be happy to have feedback on her translations. Her nickname is: ambraire. She's regularely online.

For others, the translator application is still in development, and I don't want to start another translation before it's ready, so you will have to wait. I will tell you when I can say more.

27. siddharta,

Never saw her online but I'm going to lookngfor.
Thank you.

28. kain,

Hi
may it'll be more useful if you give some translations to 2 people who can work together, may a native german speaker who speaks English very well and a native English speaker who speaks German very well. I'm sure such combinations will make a better translation as just one of them.

29. mayya,

the job of retranslation into english is already done, waiting for aminiel to put the files online
best regards
maya

30. greenstone,

Hello, &#304; also wish to volunteer translating PlayRoom into Turkish language. There are really very many turkish users and this is absolutely necessary.

39 messages, 2 pages: 1  2 ↖ Go back to topic list

Answer to topic

You must be connected in order to be allowed to post