new game ideas

94 messages, 4 pages: 1 23  4 ↖ Go back to topic list

Score: +0

61. gaurasuryavanshi,

scrabble! oh yes it's about words... I don't ever know how to play this game.

62. wolfi,

can you stop saying bad things please?

63. LaraStardust,

actually, taylorswift13, scrabble is actually a brilliant idea:
for those who dont know, scrabble is where there is a board of squares, each person is delt 7 squares with letters on.
Some of the squares on the board would be marked with double letter, double word, tripple letter, tripple word etc.
You use letters to make words on the board, So, for example, if I used the word radio, I would get 6 points, because each letter is worth a point like r is 1, a is 1, d is 2, i is 1, o is 1.
The aim really is to fill up the board, but in actuality it could just be to a score limit. And further going back to the word radio, if i were playing with taylorswift13 and she had the letters a, f, d, o, q, u, z, p, she could write f, o, use my o from radio, and then d, to get 8 points.
Its actually a really exciting game.

64. Aminiel,

Scrabble has already proposed multiple times. I'm not against, I think it's even an excellent idea. However, the main difficulty in implementing it is the dictionary.

A true dictionary containing all words, including all plurals, verb forms, declinations, etc. isn't small, it's about 500 000 words at least, and I need obviously one for each language.

Additionally, there are a lot of variations between languages, which aren't that easy to deal with: some of them take accented characters and diacritics into account, others don't (they are ignored); some languages count certain doubled letters or a few particular letter combinations aa a single space, for example ss in German or ll in Spanish.

In brief, it's interesting, but not at all simple. Some day I will probably try to do something, but probably not short term.

65. gaurasuryavanshi,

I didn't said nothing bad, the quiet feelings! stop that! I just was thinking of what is scrabble about?

66. LaraStardust,

Agh yeah, makes sense aminiel.
Taylorswift13 hope that my post explains scrabble to you a little.
Back to aminiel what about a game called kings corner? That can be multi player?

67. wolfi,

would you leave me alone tayler?

68. helleon,

to u guys who are requesting crazy 8's, there is absolutely no difference between crazy 8's and uno. For those who only new crazy 8's with 5 cards all they would have to do is let people choose the amount of cards in uno. My opinion anyway

69. LaraStardust,

quiet feelings, taylorswift, ignore each other, end it here, right here right now, stop antagonising each other because i dont know about other members on this forum, but I have just about had enough of you to arguing, prodding, poking antagonising and invoking each other! so enough!

70. wolfi,

dardar please stop it because, we already stoped it.

71. Aminiel,

Back to aminiel what about a game called kings corner? That can be multi player?

I don't know that game; please post a link

72. LaraStardust,

Well while I don't know where the full instructions are, here is a brief overview just to see if it can be done:
ok so each player is delt 7 cards, then from that there is a board,
on this board are stacks of cards one at top center, one on the right, one at the bottom, and one to the left

like a north east south west patturn, with the pack being split between them.
Say for example, on top was 1 2 3 4, and I had a 3 in my hand, i could put the 3 on the 4.
But the aim is to put kings in the four corners of the board.
You do this by starting with an ace, then putting a 2 on top, then a 3 until you get to king.
The person who puts the 4th king wins!
well... Maybe I didnt explain that very well.
Erm, have you heard of GMA Cards?
that has a good description in it

73. Exink,

Hi Aminiel,

In spanish for example, you can separate "LL" lethers from "l", "rr" for "r", "ch" for words which uses it, etc. And so, depending in that, you can determine certain score, if the word is harder or easier to construct.

Dictionaries? Ah... I think there are a lot of them in internet with a very right databases, so maibe it couldn't be a problem. You could starting it first with french and use them with other languages.

74. guilevi,

For scrabble, what if when a word was formed, every player would be asked if the word is valid? If all votes are affirmative, then it's accepted. A bit tedius, maybe, but it's a way to do it, and I have always wanted to play scrabble.
Aminiel, do you ever plan on adding support for different decks apart from the one we have right now? In Spain we use a different deck for most games, quite similar but not identical to this one. I'm not sure if it's Spanish exclusive, but there are loads and loads of games that can be playd with that game (remigio, burro, la brisca, etc). I've even heard of people playing escoba with it, although I'm actually not sure if it's the escoba we have here. I just think it would add potential for loads more games which wouldn't actually be that hard to code.
I also had another strange idea, which might not make much sense but could be worth it to have. What if in free tables you could actually have cards and/or dice to play with? Dice would be simple enough, everyone can roll when they want, although it could have a reroll system or something. Having cards would be very interesting, because itw ould allow people to make up their own games, even if it's a bit tedious. For example, you could allow the table master to select how many decks they want and how many cards to deal to each player, if it's possible to draw or not, and then the number of pile to have on the table and a possibility to name them, so oyou could have a discard pile and a pile for the cards that people play. I know it's strange, and it might not make sense at first, but if the idea gets the approval from the public and the admins and it's worked on, it could allow for loads of versatility in games, and even less work for the admins if there are games that can be easily playd using that system.

75. YNWA,

Brad is a word. Would you give it? Many would not know that as they would associate it with a name!

76. Cristina ,

Hello! I would like to have here that game what Asuka proposed. We have it in Romania. Even blind people can play it on their computer, cause a blind guy made it accesible for us. We even could play online for a period, making tournament. If you think Aminiel that would be interested to know how to bring it here, I could give you the e-mail of that romanian blind guy. Then you could ask him more about it. Thanks!

77. BhavyaShah ,

Dear Aminiel,
Couldn't you make use of an onlibe dictionary database as a reference point? I would like to believe that some service would be reliable enough and wouldn't charge.
Thoughts welcome.
Best Regards,
Bhavya Shah.

78. LaraStardust,

omg like how old is this topic? lolol

79. Aminiel,

@bhavyashah: even if an online service were free of charge, it would be far too slow. No, I need really something local.

80. Princess_Ozma,

I've been wanting to learn how to play other card games, like solitaire. Are there any accessible and basic solitaire programmes? It would be nice if the playroom had a game like that, though I can undersand the demand for so many games.

81. BhavyaShah ,

Dear Aminiel,
Won't argue on technicalities because obviously you are the veteran on that matter.
Thanks for your attention and consideration.
Best Regards,
Bhavya Shah.

82. LaraStardust,

@princess ozma? Try GMA Cards, at gmagames.com it is pretty accessible and has soliaair in it

83. gaurasuryavanshi,

lol, the topic is old but we can share our game ideas lol

84. BhavyaShah ,

Yes, actually, I wasn't a forum follower at the time this topic began. Now that I am a regular forum reader and poster, I will comment on ongoing threads that interest me.
Best Regards,
Bhavya Shah.

85. Princess_Ozma,

Thanks Dardar, for the recommendation. I've been playing the games on there and found them to be very addicting. I wish more of their games worked on my computer though. Rightr now I keep getting an error 438.

86. YNWA,

A game i think that would work really well on here is Jim Kitchen's Golf and it would be really good for people wishing to create tournaments on here.

On another website Wich i am a memember of people used to play one another in a duplex room as the game was for individuals so people could here their oponents shot by using what is known as alternative sourse. That was the days of XP but when 7 came in that was very difficult to do so those competitions died of a natural def.

I think it would with some modification be possible to make it a multiplayer game so we could play against each other in the playroom.

You don't have to be a golf fan to play this game and many of those that played in these tournaments did not like the real thing.

Once you selected your golfcourse you selected your golf club witch had set lengths and then you took your shot. You heard a continuous pitch that went up and downe and by pressing the space for a certin time it decided how far your golf ball went. Like golf you could go into water or the sand wedge but anybody who played it had many hours of fun.

As it was created by another person I don't know if it is possible to adapt for the playroom so it could already be like many golfballs straight in the water but I think it is worth looking at.

I would be Interested in what you think Aminiel?

87. Giovani ,

But, this is not place to play sport games. You can play in real gamerooms such game, like Chess, 1000 miles, so board, card games ETC. But, I have a better.
Maybe slot machine, or rulette is very great game.

88. YNWA,

This game has an apeal to a wider audience and is based on sound so you are using your ears this will prove to be hugely popular if it can be done. I am not a golf fan but still enjoy playing this game. Once I did have a go at golf and just made holes so least I made a hole in one almost every time I played, lol. It is possible to make it a team game too and also make it like the Rider cup where team members can take it in turn to play. there are many interesting variations of this game that will make it even more fun for many. Even people with limited English will be able to play too. o

89. LaraStardust,

I like the idea of golf, though slot machine has no competitive edge to it, and rulet is juet... iwwweth

90. aravis,

if to play golf one has to rely on sounds, they should be in stereo, which we don't here in any other game of the playroom. and i repeated several times in different posts that word games won't be popular in the playroom because we have so many people from different countries with a different level of knowledge in english. just imagine those who in order to be able to play a game learn just one english word - fast, so that they could hurry up other players, to play scrabble? it won't work with such people!

94 messages, 4 pages: 1 23  4 ↖ Go back to topic list

Answer to topic

You must be connected in order to be allowed to post