What's your screen reader?

104 messages, 4 pages: 12  3 4 ↖ Go back to topic list

Score: +0

31. afrim,

so, naday, you support jaws, right?
I have checked out NVDA and I have it installed on my pc, but I like Jaws more, because it serves the best performance on the internet and microsoft word.

32. wiamsroor1,

nvda. nvda. nvdaaaaaaaaaaaaaa. n. v. d. a.

33. Cristina ,

Naday I have nvda too, but I did not notice that would be so fantastic. For me the things are much more accesible with jaws than with nvda.

34. wolfi,

yaaaaaa we're in the lead. i have 10 other people of my friends who prefer nvda, yaaaa we're in the lead lol

35. Sajad-Aliraqi,

Proud of you NVDA users/NVDA kingdom. United NVDA. We are the best. Thanks for the developers.

36. dementress ,

Actually, as jaws and NVDA have their bad and good things, anything is good now, considering that some people takes their time to make us to be able to use such things. I haven't ttested another screen reader, so rather... Hmm... Voice over is better even though is for IOs :D

37. ziniur,

I have jaws and NVDA, but the most I'm using NVDA, of course, NVDA with eloquence! Eloquence is the best!!!

38. ceyda ,

Yeah, VoiceOver is the best. :D

39. dementress ,

Yay! 2 for voice over! muahahaha. Yeah, I agree. Eloquence is the best tts. Well, I like it at least.

40. fire-starter,

indeed, voiceover is beter the nall this shissle. Voiceover is the best screenreader :d

41. Cristina ,

Ok, all blind romanian people have and prefere jaws, then we jaws users won, yaaaa. :D

42. Sajad-Aliraqi,

Well, I have an Android device. But anyways I preferred voice over, I know that TalkBack and ShinePlus has some disadvantages. But ShinePlus is really good and accessible.
My gratitude!

43. dementress ,

rofl so you support voice over, one point less for NVDA! muahahahaha.

44. wolfi,

no we're talking about windose screen readers only, all arabians prefer nvda except for egyption people so nvda is in the lead again

45. Raki,

Jaws all the way!

One thing though, if you want to count, count individuals and there posts, don't generalise intire countries and nations.

46. wolfi,

ok if it's like this then nvda in the lead

47. sound2,

I use NVDA but prefer jaws, it's a lot more compact, key strokes easier. I'm using elequence for NVDA find it a little tinny.

48. ManCity ,

I like both and use both lol. But if I had to pick then jaws, reason being I've been using it all my life so I'm use to it. Not only that the NVDA voices really suck.

49. helleon,

The way i look at it the only reason I would judge a screen-reader is by way of computer usage by a blind person. Not by having an extra Bob or Jim voice (for all of you NVDA users) and JAWS is better for that.

50. Daredevil,

It shouldn't really matter about a battle between JAWS and NVDA. What matters is that each blind or visually impaired users find the Screen Reader suitable for their needs. Most use JAWS and obviously others will use NVDA. Some even may use others. It's like Samsung or IPhone users, some will use one than the other. Easier way to explain for most of you would be this way: Some of us support Manchester United and there is no way any of them would support Liverpool.

51. wolfi,

true, but we're just making little votes to see what screen reader is more used in the blind community and why.

52. topSpeed ,

i'm using NVDA , i was using jaws for about 3 years but in 2014 i decided to try NVDA and it at least for me is much much faster. And please don't say i hate NVDA voices cause they aren't NVDA voices. The voice which comes with NVDA has nothing to do with NVDA , it is e-speak and you can get many other voices for free.

53. keyWasFull,

all martians use nvda so nvda in the lead yayayayayayayy!

54. Sajad-Aliraqi,

I laughing about freedom scientific, they made Jaws not free and Jaws doesn't deserves even 1 dollar.
I had an experience with this program, bad program and heavy. Difficult to browsing or reading something, but with NVDA everything is nice.
I can reading the texts, browsing the programs and apps, etc. All that with nvda possible and for free.

55. fire-starter,

you should try supernova

56. dementress ,

I might try.

57. rj.reza,

technically,
nvda includes the ram less than jaws, and, on normal or old computers or low hardwares, you can have a better performance than jaws with nvda.
but, jaws is not an open source program, then, just the company can develope it.
but, every user in nvda who can do something, can develope nvda by writing add-ons for it.
after the add-on has been tested, and introduced to the company, they will put it on the nvda website for public use.
and, the next thing is the language. nvda supports more languages than jaws, and the language readings are being developt everyday by native users in that languages.
but we have some more limitations for reading in jaws.
anyway, i think english natives or english speakers and latins should prefer jaws for better performance!

58. topSpeed ,

agree. NVDA always introduces good and usefull features in each new version. Jaws users , tell me honestly how much of new features are you using introduced in jaws17? In 16? Maybe 2 features. Jaws users have to pay for each ubgrade which doesn't bring anything inovative at all. Ok jfw 17 did introduced improved win10 support but other than that? This is just my opinion but i think it's truth

59. wolfi,

that's it then, nvda users are the winners. gl jaws users, but that does not mean you have to change your screen reader or anything it's just an opinions and a little voting game happy new year by the way

60. Raki,

Chill out, there's a reason we pay for Jaws, and there's a reason nvda's free...

who says the voting is closed? lets keep this open as a running vote.

104 messages, 4 pages: 12  3 4 ↖ Go back to topic list

Answer to topic

You must be connected in order to be allowed to post