Welcome to QuentinC's playroom.
The Playroom is a free online gaming platform, especially made to be accessible to blind and visually impaired people.
Anyone can connect ! 12413 players around the world are already waiting for you to play with, in 4 languages, and at all times of day and night. Join our community now !
Currently 16 games are proposed to you :
- 1000 miles
- Connect 4
- The little exam
IN fact, if you don't want to play but just discuss with other members in the community, you can also simply come and create free chat tables.
- General rules of the platform
- Uno instructions and rules
- Poker instructions and rules
- 1000 miles instructions and rules
- Scopa instructions and rules
- Rummy instructions and rules
- Bouillabaisse instructions and rules
- Jass instructions and rules
- the little exam instructions and rules
Make a donation !
Did you enjoy the playroom ? Help us to keep it online and to improve it by making a donation ! with paypal, it's easy, fast and secure.
Jun 5 2012 by Aminiel
The most famous number game is inviting himself to the playroom ! I want of course talk about *Rummy", a game traditionnally played with two 52 cards decks, or with plastic tokens easier to use. That later version is sometimes called Rummykub, but it's in fact the same game.
The goal is to get rid of all your cards as fast as possible by forming combinations on the table.
Rummy is available as a beta. It means that some bugs are still present, but they will be fixed in the next few weeks.
Update: a small technical problem prevent this news from appearing. We are a little confused about that, sorry.
Mar 24 2012 by Aminiel
Today is an update day for the client and the server. The update of the client is optional. It means that you can continue to connect and play in the playroom with version 1.6 of the client, but you wont get some of the latest features.
Server and games :
- Bots in Connect4 and Reversi
- New Reversi rule: capture obligation
- New menu showing all connected people with Ctrl+W.
- Confirmation before quitting a table during inter-rouns
- Removal of the music and new audio streams manager
- Adding client artificial intelligence
- Options dialog box allowing to choose the screen reader and the output sound card to use. Open it with F4.
- Confirmation before exiting the playroom with Alt+F4
Happy gaming on the playroom !
Dec 23 2011 by Aminiel
Many things happened since last post. A punch of good news arrive for christmas !
Last year, Santa brough you the monopoly. For this year's christmas, two new games appears: reversi and yahtzee. But there are also other news ! Keep reading:
- Yahtzee: a popular dice game where you have to make the best combinations you can with your rolls. Rules will be online later.
- Reversi: return all tokens of your opponents to your side before they do the same ! Rules will be online later.
- New function: you can send an alert message to connected administrators by pressing F2. That's especially useful to let us know of abuse.
- Minor functions have been added in existing games, such as Shift+S to know how many other people have in their stack in poker. When somebody is kicked from a table, the information is now also shown.
- Many bugs have been corrected in existing games: bouillabaisse display bug, jass bug in undertrump, ...
The admin team wish you a merry christmas, have fun on the playroom !
Jul 3 2011 by Aminiel
This news is a little late because I prefered first fix a minor bug before releasing the final definitive version. Here is thus version 1.6.2 of the client, and version 1.6 of the server as well.
- F2 disappears and is replaced by the new definitive chat zone. One can reach that zone directly by pressing Alt+C.
- One can also directly reach the menu list by pressing Alt+L or Alt+M, and the history by pressing Alt+H
- First letter navigation is available in certain menus. It is only the case if it doesn't make conflicts with other keyboard shortcuts.
- In games using grids or 2D boards, one can now directly reach edges by pressing Ctrl+Direction. One can also use Ctrl+Home and Ctrl+End to go to the first or last item, in all menus.
- In the chat zone, you have now an history which allow you to recall last nicknames you wrote to in private. Use up and down arrows to navigate in the chat history.
- A table master can now invite someone in his table, even if it is private, with the new shortcut Ctrl+I. The invited person get a message and can accept the invitation by pressing Ctrl+I as well.
- One can now delete a saved game in the restore table menu by pressing delete. Delete works also in 1000 miles to junk a card.
- Audio library changed to BASS
Have fun !
Apr 20 2011 by Aminiel
As the tittle suggests, the playroom include now a chess game !
However, please note that there wont never be any bots to play with. Chess player machines need much more power as my server has, even for moderate difficulty level. So you will have to play with true humans... but it's finally not so bad, isn't it?
You can also play la scopa in teams. _Rules of la scopa has been modified a little to conform a bit more to common conventions.
After game news, I should also not forget the new forum. Do you have a question, a suggestion, a bug, or simply mood to discuss ? Let's go to the new forum.
Have fun !
Apr 9 2011 by Aminiel
The website has been updated this afternoon, and you know what ? Game rules for jass are now online !
IF you like the playroom, you can now also make a donation using paypal.
I haven't yet spoken about version 1.5, which was mandatory for client and server. Client update was mandatory because there was many changes in connection management, what was in fact the cause of the troubles of yesterday and thurstday (7 and 8 april). There isn't any visible change in the client side, except that the communication port was changed from 8888 to 1321, because some firewalls seemed to have problems with port 8888.
IN server side, additionnally to connection management, where also small useless things:
- Optional con-sense card in 1000 miles
- Ignore private messages from somebody in particular with /ignore
- you are now alerted of disconnections and reconnections
Have fun !
Mar 13 2011 by Aminiel
There were a lot of updates since last news. In fact, I forgot to post one...
The server is now at version 1.4.2, introducing a new battleship game in beta. But in addition to that, there were a lot of small other updates :
- Uno: it is now forbidden to draw more than 3 cards at your turn when you don't have to. This modification is made against cheaters, who could draw tens of cards before passing their hand to their opponents with the 0/7 rule.
- Uno: for the same possible cheating reason, you get 5 penality points instead of a supplementary card when you fail an interception.
- IN uno, 1000 miles, scopa and jass, you can now set a score limit which determine the winner or the looser of the whole game. This feature was highly demanded.
- You can now send a private message to a particular player. To do that, press F2 to chat as usual, but start your message by @nickname.
- Added private table feature. By pressing Ctrl+H, you can hide your table from the join list, so that no spectator can join it. To let it reappear again, just press Ctrl+H once more.
- Quick join: You can now quickly join somebody on his table even if he isn't game master with the new shortcut Ctrl+J.
- You can now know how much time you spend on the game or the round currently in progress by pressing Ctrl+T.
The client has also been updated. This client update is optional, you can keep 1.4.0 if you want to.
- Bug correction in history
- Bug correction in bidimentional menus
- Best multithreading management, supposed lowering synchronization problems encountered in uno and 1000 miles.
Copyright © 2010-2013, QuentinC QuentinC's playroom team
All rights reserved
4requêtes SQL exécutées en 1.06ms